1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anyone tried building CM11?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ZombieBear, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ZombieBear

ZombieBear Well-Known Member

Not expecting much since even 4.2 hasn't been able to boot on the device but I was wondering if anyone's even tried this yet

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jlede

jlede Android Expert

We haven't even finished 4.1 what gives....thus making 4.2.x and 4.3.x alot harder to finish pretty sure it's been attempted but like I started not much is gonna really find out of the build that is if it even builds

3. Android Addict

Android Addict Android Enthusiast

If i'm not mistaken I think PG and GT are giving it a try.

4. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

PG and GT tried working on it. They are having an issue with it. I believe it has to do with the screen not responding and a few errors they get on boot up.

5. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

Yeah we've been trying CM11, but for me it stops building at audio stuff and for PG at video stuff. He told me that his device tree is not ready yet so he doesn't expect it to build yet. Won't build for me either since I'm using PG's device tree.

At the moment I'm writing a guide to show you guys how to set up your build PC and build CM in case you guys want to try and build. I'll have the guide on my website within a couple days.

Android Addict likes this.
  6. sahi2myfriend

sahi2myfriend Well-Known Member

What about cm9 wouldn't that be easier to build considering its 4.0.4 just as the spirit is. Things would be more compatible just wondering..just A thought. What do you guys think..

7. johnnyl1111

johnnyl1111 Android Expert

doesn't matter what version you try to build if you don't have a working device tree for tha t version then you have to start from scratch basically anyway.

sahi2myfriend likes this.
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

umm now why didnt I think of that........

9. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

Because he thought of it first!! :rofl:

10. sahi2myfriend

sahi2myfriend Well-Known Member

Are you joking or serious..lol..can't tell being blind and all..

11. jlede

jlede Android Expert

Pg is being sarcastic again lol

12. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

being sarcastic ;)

If I thought doing cm9 would net any better results I would have done it long ago. ;) But since I dont, I plow forward for the latest & greatest. ;)
    ;)

lgrootnoob likes this.

LG Spirit 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews