1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyone Tried The Emulators On Xoom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by melantus, Mar 7, 2011.

1. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    I'm debating buying the PSX4Droid V2. Before I drop 6 bucks on junk was hoping someone here has good things say about how it runs on Xoom.

Advertisement

2. justinisloco

justinisloco Guest
    None
  3. melantus

None

Feb 7, 2011
    Are you and others getting a full screen?

4. justinisloco

justinisloco Guest
    None
  5. melantus

None

Feb 7, 2011
    I deff agree about the buttons. I'm more so interested in all the great RPG titles that came out for the PSX. I find playing high action games on touch screen a bit annoying since you need to be quick and have good response from controls. Seems thats been lacking in the emulators I've played on my OG droid.

6. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Engineer
    Anchorage, AK
    Someone had a screen shot on another forum (Android Central maybe...) of the N64 emulator running on the xoom. Looked pretty amazing. He had pics Mario 64 and Goldeneye on there. I may have to try that out tonight.

7. zeale

zeale Newbie
    None

Mar 6, 2011
    Verizon independent sales agent
    Columbia, MO
    I've been using the "oid" emulators a lot since I got my xoom and I absolutely love them. I have a wiimote and the classic controller (the snes and n64 one) a nd I just connect that and go to town. I also picked up an hdmi cable so I can play on my TV. This makes the experience almost just like the old consoles. Totally love it!

8. melantus

None

Feb 7, 2011
    Still trying see if anyone has got the PSX emulator working on the Xoom. I'm having no luck, but maybe its an issue with what I'm doing and not the emulator.

Edit: Seems psx4droid is piece o` shit, but FPse does "work" on xoom. FF7 was choppy and looked like shit on full screen very pixelly. The sound was off also, I'm sure there ways solve this or it just needs the developer to make this work on xoom. In any case I'd recommend them for PSX emulator.

9. LaCeS OuT

LaCeS OuT Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    New York City
    SNES, NES, Sega, N64, and ScummVM work fine for me. Not all N64 games work.

10. Hovage

Hovage Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    I have a Droid X and I have a friend with a Xoom. I have tried a Super Nintendo emulator (Snesoid) on both. The Xoom ran it perfectly with absolutely no lag that I could tell, and absolutely no input lag with the Wii remote/classic controller I was using. Can't say the same for my phone, there's slight lag and slight controller input lag (just enough for me to notice and be bothered by it). I guess the dual-core processor in the Xoom makes a big difference.

As for the Psx emulators, I've only tried psx4droid on my Droid X playing the game "Assault Rigs". I thought it ran fine, but that's probably an easy game for it to run.