• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone tried the Samsung protective case +?

Fr0stTr0n

Jan 4, 2013
Rocky Mountains
Just ordered myself a Glacier Commuter from Otterbox for my new Note 2 but I have a 50% coupon for registering my Note on Samsungs facebook and I do like the look of the Protective + case but im wondering if anyone has first hand experience with it.

One thing I am concerned about is if the front benzel side covers are high enough to prevent the screen from getting scratched face down. I also wish the case had some type of silicon/rubber on the back to prevent it from sliding around and to prevent scratched the base

lrgscaleSamsung%20galaxy%20note%202%20white%20both%20copy.JPG

Just ordered myself a Glacier Commuter from Otterbox for my new Note 2 but I have a 50% coupon for registering my Note on Samsungs facebook and I do like the look of the Protective + case but im wondering if anyone has first hand experience with it.

One thing I am concerned about is if the front benzel side covers are high enough to prevent the screen from getting scratched face down. I also wish the case had some type of silicon/rubber on the back to prevent it from sliding around and to prevent scratched the base

lrgscaleSamsung%20galaxy%20note%202%20white%20both%20copy.JPG
I have the black version and to be honest my Note 2 is hardly ever out of it. I think it's a great cover and only cost me around

Upvote 0
I have the black one and I really like this case. I used the 50% off coupon for mine as well. It's a very simple, dare I say, professional looking case. Its got some branding on the back as expected but it's not gaudy looking like some of the other cases out there. As far as front protection goes, there is a little bit of lip on the front of the case so you can lay it down on the screen without it getting scratched. It's not quite as prominent as other cases such as the Otterbox Commuter but there is some room there, but not a whole lot. The back of the case is a fingerprint/scratch magnet. you have the white one so it probably won't be as noticeable as it is on the black case. Overall, for ~$20 after the coupon, not a shabby case. This is my daily case and am waiting to get the Otterbox Commuter or Defender later on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones