• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone try the Sprint Screen Protectors?

either they scratch easy or the sprint rep was crazy putting it on. tons of scratches after they put it on. i tried to say something and they said that only the side that sticks is covered. so i guess when they put it on they scratched it bad.

i dont like to argue so when i get sick of it im going to buy some off of ebay. i hate putting em on but i know itll be better then how they did it lol

Upvote 0
not sure..brought the HTC branded ones for my Evo last year at launch from RS. While they did work and were easy to put on, they came off a few months later ( you get two in the package). I then opted for a ZaGG shield and never looked back. i picked up p a Zagg shield for my Evo 3d and applied it. came out looking sexy as ever...these things REALLY are worth it, especially since they back it up for the lifetime of your device

PS
THE HTC branded ones also got scratched pretty badly a few weeks after being applied..thing i love about the Zagg shields is no scratches ever appeared on any of the ones ive had

Upvote 0
Don't waste your time. I got one while I wait for my Phantom Skinz to get in (my screen protector of choice) and it is horrible. These are the kind that just sort of cling to the screen and they are very plasticky feeling. It scratches by just looking at it and feels horrible to the touch, not slick and kind of gritty. Air bubbles are nearly impossible to get out especially if you get the tiniest microscopic piece of dust under it.

Lastly, it does not cover the entire front glass. Only the actual display portion. This leaves a raised edge at the top and bottom of the viewable screen where the screen protector ends which I find particularly annoying when trying to slide down the notification bar.

I prefer something that covers all the glass on the front and sticks to the phone better. Do yourself a favor and skip the Sprint screen protector.

Upvote 0
I have nothing to add except that PhantomSkinz is head and shoulders a better product than Zagg offers. Even the lady that installed my last one at BestBuy (who sell ZAGG) said as much.

Agreed. Phantom Skinz has less of a rubber feeling, smoother, no orange peel effect and doesn't yellow over time. I used to only use Zagg but I have been hooked on phantom skinz for the last two years. Zagg got popular because all the retail box stores carry them.

Upvote 0
I bought an otterbox commuter case at RadioShack that came with an adhesive screen protector. It looks great. By the way, if you get dust under an adhesive screen protector, just use a piece of scotch tape to pull the dust off the adhesive. Works great.

ALSO, I beg to differ about the sprint screen protectors just scratching if you look at them. I used them on Three EVO's. Mine, my wifes, and my sons. My wife is the worst at treating hers kindly.. Purse, seat on car, etc.... After a year, no scratches..... I used the mat, and gave them the clear...

Upvote 0
I got the zagg invisible shield anti glare. The Best Buy guy told me after it fries, it should be fine, I am noticing the screen does get slightly washed out, he put some liquid, maybe it was water to put the zagg screen protector on, and then used some small squegee to clear the air bubbles, what I do like about it, no smudges or finger prints, maybe it will take a few days to fully dry and the screen wont wash out anymore.

Upvote 0
I got the zagg anti smudge protector at best buy (they had them pre installed on many of the phone already although they had to take mine off and apply a new one because there were bubbles it) and my screen looks kind of grainy, especially in white areas. Is that from the screen protector? do I really even need one anyway? I have a protective case on it that sticks out just a bit so the glass will never touch anything even if I put it face down.

Upvote 0
I got the zagg anti smudge protector at best buy (they had them pre installed on many of the phone already although they had to take mine off and apply a new one because there were bubbles it) and my screen looks kind of grainy, especially in white areas. Is that from the screen protector? do I really even need one anyway? I have a protective case on it that sticks out just a bit so the glass will never touch anything even if I put it face down.

Explain grainy. Kind of like static on a tv but colorful? Probably still has some moisture under the screen protector. Give it a few days. They generally greatly improve over the first week.

Upvote 0
I got the zagg invisible shield anti glare. The Best Buy guy told me after it fries, it should be fine, I am noticing the screen does get slightly washed out, he put some liquid, maybe it was water to put the zagg screen protector on, and then used some small squegee to clear the air bubbles, what I do like about it, no smudges or finger prints, maybe it will take a few days to fully dry and the screen wont wash out anymore.

How does it look today? I just had BB install one and it's so grainy I can hardly read small text on the screen. I like the no smudges deal, but not sure me eyes can handle this grainy appearance. Any light colors have a rainbow effect that is very distracting.

Upvote 0
Coming from a Martin Fields protector that i had on my Hero, the Sprint branded protectors are, indeed, junk. Already a ton of scratches on it just from sliding it in my pocket, limited screen protection, and they should have included a protector for the back portion that contains the dual cameras. Check out Martin Fields for some quality stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones