1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Anyone try tv.com app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radioz, Dec 1, 2009.

1. radioz

radioz Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Has anyone tried this application yet? It plays TV videos (from CBS and elsewhere).

All I get is a small video window, not full screen. Has anyone else tried it?

I found it on a list of '50 best Android Apps'.

Let me know what you think of it (and how to watch full screen video).

radioz

Advertisement

2. gcroberson

gcroberson Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I have found a better tv app called "jetflicks". As long as you have a wifi connection it plays videos quite fast and there is a much better selection than tv.com

3. jimantics

jimantics Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Cape Cod
    jetflicks is $11.49 tv.com is free. I like to watch TV and news on my Cilq and don't want to be tied to wifi to do it...... I've had good luck with tv.com

4. gcroberson

Nov 14, 2009
    I wasnt trying to come off like tv.com was a bad app. It was a great app! I used it for a while until I found Jetflicks. Oh and yes I guess the price can be a deal breaker for a lot of folks but I promise you it is well worth it.

5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    TV.com has a goo selection but has terrible image quality. YouTube is better. Jetflix is planning to charge $4 a month.

6. gcroberson

Nov 14, 2009
    I dont really mind the four dollars a month. If I went to rent all of the seasons of entourage I have watched it would have cost a hella lot more than $4....but I wouldnt have to stare at a 4 inch screen either. You get my point though.

7. lucas.robb

lucas.robb Active Member

Oct 3, 2010
    hey guys,

I attempted to get the tv.com app recently but it was unavailable to me. Does anyone know of an alternative that I could use to simply access episode guides to my favorite tv shows?

8. dnoonan

dnoonan Active Member

Nov 27, 2009
  9. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Vcast is available for I think 10 bucks a month now. I have watched full episodes of Survivor in FULL SCREEN on TV.Com....that app is cool but wished they offered more channels or networks or shows!!! I noticed in the menu that SHOWTIME is listed. Is this the same Showtime as in the Premium channel???

10. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Designer/Drafter
    O-town Florida
    I use TV.com app once in a while. usually it is just for the Cnet channel when i have a little time to kill.

i can watch in full screen tho...no special settings or anything, it just opens the video full screen.

11. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    TV.com has been removed from the Market. Anybody got the .apk they could toss my way?

12. jalann

jalann Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Try it again. Still showing on my Market

browncurry likes this.