• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone update with the Paranoid Jelly Bean rom?

vice86

Jan 17, 2011
PA/NJ/NYC
installed the paranoid jelly bean rom..so far so good except for one thing. Seems my voicemail isn't accepting my password. Says its wrong, even after an ATT reset of my password it still doesn't work.

I can't even access it now with pressing 1 on my keypad, it ends up calling but giving me an error saying it can't complete the call.

If i try visual voicemail it stalls at "updating account" after putting in a password and does nothing.

Anyone else experience this? I rarely use voicemail so its not that big a deal but wondering if its JB causing this.

installed the paranoid jelly bean rom..so far so good except for one thing. Seems my voicemail isn't accepting my password. Says its wrong, even after an ATT reset of my password it still doesn't work.

I can't even access it now with pressing 1 on my keypad, it ends up calling but giving me an error saying it can't complete the call.

If i try visual voicemail it stalls at "updating account" after putting in a password and does nothing.

Anyone else experience this? I rarely use voicemail so its not that big a deal but wondering if its JB causing this.
I tried it and mine rebooted often. I'm using [FONT=&quot]h0tw1r3's CM10 now with no issues.[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Paranoid for me is awful. Most apps in Play Store say it's "Incompatible with your device"... like Gmail, Chrome, Dropbox, and lots more apps that I rely on. This can't be right. Literally most of my apps in my account are "incompatible" even though the requirements say it should be good.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm forced to restore ICS. :(

EDIT: Nevermind... all of a sudden I'm able to install all the apps. I think this started to happen when I was plugged in via USB while rebooting the phone.

My only problem now is I can't open any gmail messages in Gmail app. App crashes every time. I guess for now I'll have to deal with Gmail in a web browser. :(

Upvote 0
Paranoid for me is awful. Most apps in Play Store say it's "Incompatible with your device"... like Gmail, Chrome, Dropbox, and lots more apps that I rely on. This can't be right. Literally most of my apps in my account are "incompatible" even though the requirements say it should be good.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm forced to restore ICS. :(

EDIT: Nevermind... all of a sudden I'm able to install all the apps. I think this started to happen when I was plugged in via USB while rebooting the phone.

My only problem now is I can't open any gmail messages in Gmail app. App crashes every time. I guess for now I'll have to deal with Gmail in a web browser. :(
Did you install the paranoid gapps? Seems weird that Gmail would act up like that

Upvote 0
Is is the right Gapps. Oh well.

Another thing... don't know if it's just me. On the Gallery app, it only shows images taken from the phone since JB was installed. Before JB, the app would find all images in all phone directories. I know I have lots of directories in the phone that have images, but this app is ignoring them. Anyone else with this problem?

Upvote 0

I agree, this is one of the most smoothest roms out there.
if you get a chance to install it, do so...
I have been back and forth from ICS to test/beta JB roms, but by far, LiquidJelly is very smooth and fast.
Battery life has also increased significantly.
Some people have encountered problems with bluetooth, some have other issues

But just read and you'll find all the answers to your problems...

Happy flashing :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones