1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Anyone upgraded to the Hero and kept their old plan?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Geo, May 13, 2010.

1. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Where the Sunshine is!
    I have the "Fair and Flex Family 550" plan with 3 lines and have an unlimited Data add-on to my line only.

My current phone is a Palm Pro that I got from Craiglist and was able to activate without changing plans, can I do the same with a Hero?
    Anyone have a similar experience, please chime in.

If I have to change plans (will cost me a lot of $$$) then I might wait for the EVO as well.

Advertisement

2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    hi,

you should not have any issues activating any sprint phone on your account... as long as it is not a stolen or lost phone.

3. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Lansing, MI
    They made me upgrade my plan to one of the everything plans, that may only apply if your getting the phone on a new contract though. But I'd definitely wait for the Evo if I were you.

4. lsutiger

lsutiger Active Member

May 4, 2010
    I was on a third party employee plan for 11 years. They made me upgrade, but I do not have a new contract, just a new plan. It's still month to month.
    I bought my phone on ebay, not from Sprint.
    I chose the Everything 450. If you do not call landlines or vice versa alot, this is a sweet plan.

5. alanzer

alanzer Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Columbia, MO
    They made me change my plan even though I had unlimited data. The 450 Everything plan is really nice though. And much cheaper than I was paying last time.

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Where the Sunshine is!
    I am guessing there is no other way, but upgrading, if I want to any smart phone. :rolleyes:

Tags: