• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using Juice Defender?

Hi there, ive just uninstalled JD myself and lost my 3g connection....can you guide me briefly how to get it back im lost.

Cheers

Check you're apn settings, sometimes jd edits it to monitor usage and not drain the battery down.
Go to settings> wireless & networks> mobile networks> access point names> Mobile network

Reactions: ConcertFreak
Upvote 0
I've been using this for the last month now, and it really is a genius application.
I did notice that the apn didn't go back on unless I did a reboot... I emailed the developer and he sorted it within a day!
I'm a very heavy user, and now am getting a good day and a half out of it.
Really, delete your task killer and use this; it works a treat!

i have this un-ticked in my task killer and on o2 UK and still it looses APN regularly? sorry i didnt understand what the fix was

TIA

Upvote 0
i have this un-ticked in my task killer and on o2 UK and still it looses APN regularly? sorry i didnt understand what the fix was

TIA

It's not losing the apn (it shouldn't be) it's turning it off.
The default is to switch it on every 15 minutes for one minute to update emails, sync things etc. There's loads of different settings for it. If you want,i could go into a lot more detail.

Upvote 0
yes thats correct, BUT mine fails to connect to the apn when i use the internet i have to reset settings to default and than reboot. hence i dont use this app now also it doesnt fetch mail so im guessing my phone isnt connecting to APN whilst sleeping

Hmmmm....
Seems a bit odd. Try going into jd; make sure you're in an area where you get a good strong hsdpa signal and re-run the setup. I remember having an issue like this before, but doing this did the trick. If not, email the dev; he is good at taking ownership of any issues and sorting them.
Keep me posted how you get on.

Upvote 0
I'm currently using the free version of Juice Defender. I'm not sure if your phone should be set with mobile data switched on or off while using Juice Defender. Does JD turn data on and then off with the phone set to off to start with, or should the phone be set to data on, so that JD can manage data access according to the chosen schedule?

Ian

Any answer on this? I, too would also like to know whether I should be leaving my mobile data turned off, and just leave it to JD to turn it on every 15 mins (I have it set to 1 min data per 15).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones