1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone using Nova Launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yesevil, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Yesevil

Yesevil Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2012
    Male
    Security Guard
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Just wondering if anyone has installed Nova yet instead of using TouchWiz?

I've used Nova for around 3 years now and it's generally the first thing I install when getting a new phone. This time I haven't bothered, yet!

If anyone has installed Nova, has it improved the overall usage, I know it's more customisable, but is it quicker, smoother?

Just wanted people's opinions

Advertisement

2. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    It was one of the first things I installed. I think it works great - it's always been pretty quick and smooth for me with my previous phones, and I don't feel it's any different here.

BandOfBrothers and Yesevil like this.
  3. senorian

senorian Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    Male
    can I use the free version to get a great experience or do I need to upgrade to the premium version. I just recently switched from an iPhone which I had jailbroken to the S7 Edge and these launchers really intrigue me. Especially Nova Launcher.

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Start with the free version till you get comfortable with it. Make sure you play around in settings for a while see its full capability. Once you're used to it and like it, upgrade to the premium version which adds some very interesting features including, my favorite, "Unread count badges" practically every app (your choice) which really become addictive – effectively adding tiny but readable badges on icons indicating new messages, phone calls etc. etc. etc.

psionandy likes this.
  5. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    Nova is the best. First thing I installed. Snakeyskm is right about the unread badges...great feature. I also like how I can increase the size of the icons, to take advantage of the large screen on the S7. "Endless Scroll" is another feature I like, so you don't hit a "dead end" when moving from page to page. Super stable, and lightning fast.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  6. Yesevil

Yesevil Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2012
    Male
    Security Guard
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Looks like I'll be reinstalling Nova late

7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I'm using its close cousin,Apex Launcher (Pro).
    Stock launchers (all of 'em) are just too limited in options,both aestetically & functionally.
    I showed someone my desktop yesterday & they thought it was something new w/the S7/Edge,really liking the look of it (especially the centered app drawer button).
    Most don't even know that changing the launcher is an option,which is why more attention should be given to this by the mfgs...............

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  8. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert
    None

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    Yup it's always quicker than touchwiz, no issues, works 100% with the edge features, one of the best things is you can turn off the padding on widgets and it smooths into the edges, looks great for homepage weather widgets etc.

9. senorian

senorian Lurker
    None

Mar 10, 2016
    Male
    thanks for the tips Snake. Looking forward to seeing what this can do.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.