• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using Sprite backup?

pkoutoul

Aug 11, 2010
In another thread someone recommended Sprite Backup -- but on their website, there is no mention of support for Captivate. And there doesn't seem to be a way to ask them a question without registering. So I was wondering if any Cappy owners are using it and what their thoughts are on it. I want to backup as much data as possible without rooting.

>>> So bottom line, unless you are rooted there is no way to back up everything?

MyBackup Pro documentation reveals that without root privileges you won't be able to back up third party applications data\settings, protected applications, Android Market links, and system application data, for example. Also, you won't have the ability to backup and restore applications in batch mode with a single click.

The best advice I can provide is to purchase both MyBackup Pro and Titanium. Why? One or the other may not perform as designed either during a back up or restore and you'll be glad you have a Plan B.

>>> That makes a lot of sense.

Well, it is what it is. Do yourself a favor and heed my advice. One day (or, likely, more than one day) you'll be glad you did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones