1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Anyone using the Galaxy Spica in the USA?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Poopyfist, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Poopyfist

Poopyfist Member

Aug 6, 2010
    I was just curious if anyone else has one here because I just placed an order for one at Newegg and am eagerly awaiting its arrival :)

I did a fair bit of research on it, I needed a new phone out of contract and the Spica seemed to have some of the best features for the price. It'll be my first smartphone.

Anyways I was wondering a few things and would appreciate any input.

For American users, I read on a few sites that the Spica isn't compatible with US 3g networks, but then on other sites they say that the Spica does operate on US 3g networks :thinking: which is it? I'll be using it with T-Mobile over here so its not really a huge deal, T-Mobile doesn't have much of a 3g network here in the states (not yet anyways).

Also, is there anything else I should know about operating an international phone here in the US? I know I'll need to enter in the proper settings to get my phone to connect to T-Mobile's network here, I figure that shouldn't be a problem, but if I do have issues I can run it into one of their stores and have their techs set it up for me.

Lastly, is there anything else I should know? Ways to optimize my experience with this phone? I, of course, plan to update it to 2.1 as soon as it arrives :D

Thanks guys.

Advertisement