• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using the QiK app?

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
I have found a cool app called Qik that is free and will allow you to stream live video from your phone to their website Qik | Share Live Video From Your Mobile Phone or you can send it to other sites like Facebook, twitter and youtube to name a few. I have to figure out how to send videos to individual people as well. I don't want every single video being uploaded to facebook! LOL! I think if I make the video private it will block it from being sent there...i am about to experiment and see but this is a very cool app to have on your phone! There is a delay so technically its not really LIVE but its still cool how you can put a video up on the web in about 30 seconds or sooner.

yea ive been using it. its pretty cool. though there is quite a bit of delay. theres also a live chat feature which allows ppl to chat with you and their responses show up right now your phone as your recording! however, because of the video delay, their comments reflect what they see on their computer which was what you recorded like 2-5 min ago. so its kinda annoying. but otherwise its a really cool app!

Upvote 0
I posted a few videos from christmas using qik. As far as facebook goes you have to tell it not to share every video. After you are done with a video just click share and then send it to facebook.

This app will come in handy when my baby girl comes in April. It will be easy to keep everyone updated with a video the new baby. Very cool app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones