• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root anyone want to root my droid for me?

For me a least, there is more of a rush in the actual rooting process then in the end result. Take your time, follow the steps, and you will be just fine. At least if you have a later on with your rooted phone, you will have the confidence to fix it. Rooting is only the first step in the process. You will also have the confidence to tweak and customize your phone the way you like it.

Upvote 0
Root is very simple, the application of the custom recover console and the creation of nandroid backups (and applying them) is tougher. Installing an actual ROM is more involved as well. DM updater will do these things for you, but I found "Droidreview's" youtube instruction videos to be very educational and they will teach you more about what is going on than just letting an app do the work for you. Some of the instructions will differ slightly if you are appling a xxxxxx.rom.tgz file rather than expanding your own. By the time you get to that stage you'll know what I mean.

I had no root or linux knowledge and rooted yesterday. I applied SPRecovery, tried out a couple of roms, overclocked, reapplied my 2.0.1 backup, and then full wiped the phone all the way back to stock as if I'd just purchased it. Cool stuff!

Live wall papers, 2.1 launcher and 2.1 media dock were my favorites. I didn't notice a smoother experience though, even with the phone overclocked to 800Mhz. I had quite a few force closes and 5-6 restarts. I believe I would have better luck now since I had not performed any full wipes between ROMs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones