• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone who got a new Droid or replaced for a new one within this week, Question?

What's your manufacture date? It's behind the battery I believe, it will look like "45/09".

Just curious if Verizon has a newer shipment in their stores because I want to go exchange tomorrow and want to grab the latest manufactured, hopefully some "xx/10"s.

Some people have had luck asking the rep to specifically replace their return w/a current production week.

Upvote 0
Some people have had luck asking the rep to specifically replace their return w/a current production week.

wouldn't that require verizon to open the battery thing and remove the sticker to view the production week thus basically 'opening' the product and not being able to sell it brand new? i was considering asking them to give me a certain date but didn't think it would be possible for this reason... i mean wouldn't they have to open several boxes and phones to find a date? i dont see that as reasonable, unless there is another way for them to find the 'date' besides opening the phone(s) and searching?

:thinking:

Upvote 0
wouldn't that require verizon to open the battery thing and remove the sticker to view the production week thus basically 'opening' the product and not being able to sell it brand new? i was considering asking them to give me a certain date but didn't think it would be possible for this reason... i mean wouldn't they have to open several boxes and phones to find a date? i dont see that as reasonable, unless there is another way for them to find the 'date' besides opening the phone(s) and searching?

:thinking:

I believe its on the outside of the box as well.

Upvote 0
Order replacments through Asurion if you pay for insurance. You will have a brand new device shipped to you overnight everytime, with the Asurion Advanced Devices Warranty. And incase you were wondering, yes they handle manufacturer defects under the warranty, too.

You aren't serious, are you? I've had plenty of replacements from Asurion over the years, and everyone has been a refurb.

Upvote 0
You aren't serious, are you? I've had plenty of replacements from Asurion over the years, and everyone has been a refurb.
100% positive. I do not have the blue refurb sticker which is typically found under the battery. My replacment Droid also came in original factory packaging (not a CPO box), with an "improved" battery door, original stock charger, and another 16GB SD card. There was nothing in the packages I recieved to indicate that it was a refurb.
I do know for a fact that all replacments ordered through Verizon Wireless directly are CPO devices.

Upvote 0
Order replacments through Asurion if you pay for insurance. You will have a brand new device shipped to you overnight everytime, with the Asurion Advanced Devices Warranty. And incase you were wondering, yes they handle manufacturer defects under the warranty, too.

No way!?!? I am going to have to try that very soon! I know my brothers env touch is all messed up, I will see if I can go through their website for his replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones