• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone who ordered from Amazon...

lewi3069

Feb 16, 2010
And has not shipped yet. Waiting for "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time."

Please update us when you get your estimated date...

I emailed Amazon to see if they had any insight into when they are receiving more stock and got the response below:

I checked your order, and it looks like "ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Tablet Only)" is listed as a special order item when you placed your order.

Looking into your order, I see that "ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Tablet Only)" is back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect that this would happen.

When an item is listed as "Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available," this means the item isn't ordered frequently. We can't predict exactly how long it'll take to obtain it or when we'll be able to ship it. If you place an order, we'll do our best to get the item for you, and we'll e-mail you as soon as we have more information from our suppliers.

Unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of "ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A1 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Tablet Only)" right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.

I hope that you would understand that being the retailers we are totally dependent on our suppliers for the supply.

I'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page; if it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Alert me" link; "Alert me" allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

You can also visit our online Help pages for more information:

Amazon.com Help: Item Availability

If you'd rather cancel your order, I understand. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary/edit.html?orderID=102-7594573-6835462

The availability and shipping times listed on our website are estimates, not guarantees. Unfortunately, unexpected fluctuations in our inventory occasionally happen, and that can add time to our original availability estimate. I know it's frustrating when that happens, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Upvote 0
Looks like real bad news! I kept pressing Amazon to let me know when Asus would be shipping them more Transformers and got the below response;

Hello,
I have reviewed our previous correspondences with you, and I offer my sincere apologies for any misunderstanding thus far.

I understand that you'd like to know when we'll receive more inventory of the Tablet Computer.

I've checked our records and see that we expect this item to arrive in our fulfillment center by June 10, 2011 from the manufacturer and we'll ship it on the same day when we receive it. It should be delivered to you by June 13, 2011.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped. If you haven't received a shipment confirmation by June 11, 2011 please contact us again at www.amazon.com/contact-us

Thanks for your patience. We look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Upvote 0
I signed up @ Amazon to be auto-notified of new stock. Got an email earlier today that the item was back in stock, immediately went to the page where it told me the item is OOS and there was no known date for re-stocking. : /

Edit: Scratch that. It was Newegg, not Amazon. Getting my emails confused.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones