• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone with good battery life, please help!

brian0488

Apr 15, 2010
I have the Sedio 1750 mah battery and am still having bad battery life, so I did some investigating.
Here's what I've done:

• entered the "testing mode" menu by tapping phone and entering *#*#4636#*#*
  • "Battery history" -> "Other usage" (in the top box), "Since last unplugged" (lower box)
  • I have "Running" at 42%. When I tap it I have time spent without sleeping at 6hr 21min.
  • I then changed the top box from "Other usage" to "Partial wake usage" and saw the Android System has a blue line about 1/3 of the way across.

I tried to use my phone as little as possible today. The phone has been unplugged for about 15 hours and maybe used for one hour, I have 15% battery left. I have 3 email accounts - two gmail and one exchange all using push. I don't think I have anything update more frequently than every 3 hours.

Can someone who has good battery life follow the steps above and post what they have for "Running" and the "partial wake usage" of the android system? I would really help me to know if these numbers are average, high, or low.

I tried to post a lot info. If you need more, let me know!

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones