1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyone with the N5 GEL notice this bug?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by BluBrett, Feb 10, 2014.

1. BluBrett

BluBrett Member
    None

Mar 17, 2013
    Male
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have an LG G2 running 4.2.2 with the Nexus 5 Google Experience Launcher. If I enable the OK Google hotword detection, I get quite a bit of lag opening and closing the app drawer. If I disable it, the launcher is smooth as butter. The G2 and N5 are nearly the same phone, so it must be a software incompatibility somewhere, but has anyone else noticed this whether they have a N5 or a different Android phone running GEL?

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Seems OK on my G2 .Only thing I could suggest is to close some of the apps running in the background/clear cache &/OR free up some RAM.

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Owensboro, KY
    mine ran perfectly fast with it on when I used it. I of course eliminate tons of lag by disabling notifications I don't want cluttering up my notification bar and limit sync quite a bit. restored my Nexus 7 to its former glory. only negative was it made Google Services eat my battery a bit. not a lot, but it showed a lot of use in battery stats. I've also removed Play Store, which for some odd reason caused all my random reboot and lag problems...haven't had a problem since :)

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    Nope, works great over here.

Hotword detection was on by default for us, so I'm sure Google would have caught something like that

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    My G2 is running CM11 (not sure which version) with the GE launcher. Launches just fine with the hotword and no lag.
    Are you rooted? Where did you find the apk for the launcher? Have you tried clearing cache with Google Search and see if that helps?

Rxpert83 likes this.
  6. BluBrett

BluBrett Member
    None

Mar 17, 2013
    Male
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have G2 Xposed installed and have the notification center heavily modified (decluttered and dividers/hill blue removed) from stock. Also have a black/transparent notification and navbar theme mods with the KitKat theme.