1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

anyone working on a newer cwm?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by junkie2100, Dec 19, 2012.

1. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

i have been looking into doing it myself but i just dont have the resources, done alot of coding and pulling from all different sources and after hours and hours of downloading making a boardconfig.mk and comparing directories and all kinds of things like that i come to find out i cant build it with my current setup. long story...
    point is though i wanted to know where we were on a cwm, what needed to be done, if anyone was working on a full cm9, you know that kind of thing
    id like to help if i can, i just cant really do much on my own

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. animusfl

animusfl Member

Hey junkie,
    I've been trying. Syncd with CM, forked off of PlayfulGod's device tree, I can get CWM to build targeting a pre built kernel and even boot and run for about 90 seconds. But no adb ...was trying to get dmesg. Also, CM depreciated using prebuilt kernels, so I have to figure out how to incorporate the kernel source and modules, I'm hoping that will solve the issues. I am just guessing at this point. If anyone knows how to do this locally or upload the kernel source to CM to git from I'd appreciate any pointers/links/etc.

Sent from my N861 using Tapatalk 2

3. junkie2100

I cant even figure out how to build a bootable img from a working extracted img myself. Mkbootimg is a bitch. But yea i personally cant really do anything much. I have access to all the sources for the kernel, cm, just cant sync them to my computer because of my internet connection so ive been piecing things together as i go trying to force it. My idea tho was that since the warp and warp 2 use almost identical hardware and configurations was to use hoarks source as a base, overlay playfulgods adding and adjusting for the things he left out of the boardconfig and what not. Then try a build from there. I cant do it myself though it would seem. You could probably easily get a working cm7 build on here tho using slightly modified arthur(warp) data

4. junkie2100

Basically i am completely new to this, dont like linux, and i was gonna take a one step at a time approach but i cant even get one step without something going wrong

5. junkie2100

Im obviously no expert, but id say youd be in a better position if you took hoarks cm9 config and cm7 for the arthur, and used that to fill in the blanks on playfulgods device tree. Most things are exactly the same as the original warp its the same processor and adreno processor, same wifi hardware, the biggest differences are the init commands are "console=ttyMSM1,115200" and the clock speed is different obviously but that has nothing to do with our encoding at this level.

6. junkie2100

Oh sorry and the screen. If youd like to compare differences between the two get the 860 and 861 cfg files from the n862 two n860 kernel conversion. All these things are on downthemachines github

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews