1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anything better than Optimus V....

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by menasor, May 3, 2012.

1. menasor

menasor Newbie
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    that is prepaid? I'm sorry I've had the Optimus V for a year now still like it but there must be something better in prepaid phones than the V now right? Or is it possible to just take the sim card out of the V and put it into another compatible phone that is better than the V? I just want change or a bigger screen without getting a contract if that is even possible?

Advertisement

2. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Does the Optimus V even have a SIM card? Isn't that on Virgin Mobile (ergo Sprint CDMA)? I'm not sure if you can use Sprint phones on VM and looking at VM's phone line-up the best smartphone on offer is the Motorola Triumph.

If you were on GSM, you'd have considerably more phone options.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
  4. bob60626

bob60626 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 27, 2012
    Male
    Chicago
    The Optimus V is CDMA, no sim card. VM sent out a message a while back about a price hike which seems to jive with rumors of 4G phones coming to them.

I've been looking into the TMobile prepaid plan; primarily the Exhibit ll, Vibrant, and Galaxy S. Another option is to keep your phone as just that -a phone- and get a tablet for more active games and such. I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 that, while really only having the same specs as the V and not a super great screen resolution, has been a really nice companion when I want a mobile device with a larger screen. I've said it before, boy I wish I could get that thing in a GSM version! :D

5. PhoneFanatic1

PhoneFanatic1 Newbie
    None

The Motorola Triumph has an average rating of 3 stars on 245 reviews from CNET and Best Buy users, compared with 4 stars on 426 total user reviews for the Optimus V.

It looks like the Optimus V is still your best bet on Virgin..