1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anything else to try for signal?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fungalMonk, Jun 15, 2011.

1. fungalMonk

fungalMonk Member
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    Rome, GA
    My wife's Eris recently got a new lease on life. It took a bath in a creek quite a while ago, and after drying, it appeared to have given up the ghost. Didn't look into it a lot, as circumstances were making two data plans troublesome to afford at the time. Things have been looking up, so took a second look and found that her phone booted right up with my battery. So yay, just need a battery!

The day before I got paid, eye already on an OEM Eris battery on eBay, it just so happens that a friend of mine cracks his Eris screen. FREE battery, double yay!

So the phone works again, with just one problem. No signal in the house. Right next to, say, my Eris showing at least a bar or two. I never have trouble with signal. Her wifi works fine; phone works fine otherwise, in general. We've already used option 2 @ *228. But still, no signal. Anything else to try? Can water damage be so specific?

*To be clear: even getting through to *228 has been problematic. I was standing in the middle of the front yard when I tried updating the PRL. Heard garbled audio in the driveway just trying to get to option 1 @ *228.

Advertisement