1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anything new on the ICS update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drunder40, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member

Anyone heard/read anything. Is it still scheduled for later this month or delayed? Just curious

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kadimi

kadimi Android Enthusiast

3. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member

Appreciate the link but didn't see Dinc2 on that list. I remember seeing a similar picture that had 3 pages and had the Dinc2 on it but guess I did not bookmark it..

I am on Verizon and live in the US..

Thanks

EDIT: I was under the impression the Dinc2 ICS update is scheduled to be pushed by the end of this month. Someone posted on the verizon site that HTC will finish their "evaluation" by the end of August to determine "IF" the Dinc2 will even get ICS.. That is not what I read awhile ago from HTC unless I misunderstood the post.

Can anyone confirm this?

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

5. kc2pko

kc2pko Newbie

How about a link to the leak?

6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member

kc2pko,

This is the leak. The leaked RUU has not been released and this is a ROM based off the link. The RUU leak was a user test leak anyway and would not have been suitable for full use.

IF you are rooted, you can flash this, if not, you'll have to wait for the official OTA.

Kratos

7. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

hmm read over the forums, looks kinda glitchy right now, my only question is why would they include a LTE radio if the INC2 can't do LTE? or can it? I rooted my INC2 once with caynogen, then went back to stock, too many glitches for me

8. bberryhill0

The LTE radio part is an inside joke. I'm running EclipticSense (ICS). It works for me.

9. nightelvesreasy

thats what I figured, I thought about rooting again, but seeing as how I'm up for an upgrade, looking at my options, on the other hand, I was grandfathered into the unlimited data program, and if I upgrade, I lose it and have to go with a tiered plan. That Galaxy S3 is looking really inviting, even though it is a Samsung phone, and my last Samsung was the Fascinate (worst phone ever) so far the only 2 phones I have interest in is the Droid RAZR or the S3, thats if I decide to upgrade, and I have to say, my INC2 is starting to show its age with minor freezing and losing signal every once in awhile

10. bberryhill0

For the signal issue try a battery pull followed by *228 option 2.

If you have a family plan check the pricing. The new plans have similar prices. If you use data like I do and are on an individual plan the price goes up $40/month.

Did you actually go through the effort to unroot? Say more.

11. nightelvesreasy

yes I did unroot, was not as painful as I thought it would be, and when i mean signal, it will be the 3g and wifi just dropping out of nowhere

12. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Alas (and alack) we are coming to the end of the month with no indication of ICS for the Inc2 [​IMG]

13. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert

Yeah, nowhere to be seen, my Dinc2 is starting to show it's age too just recently, I didn't care much for the dinc4G, I wished it would have had the 4.3 inch display like the one S, not the narrow 4 inch it's got. I think I will use my upgrade on this instead of waiting...

I hate to get so much OT but check it out here...
    http://phandroid.com/2012/08/30/droid-razr-m-hands-on-posted-ahead-of-official-debut/

Carry on with official ICS Dinc2 speculation!!! :p

14. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

I saw that bit about the Razr M and it looks promising. I need to wait until December to upgrade and I expect there will be a number of new phones available by then.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews