• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anything new with atrix lately?

kkel19

Aug 12, 2010
Im an atrix owner since feb...ever since the bootloader has been unlocked...has there been anything thats out yet that takes advantage of the unlocked bootloader? my atrix is stock right now and it sometimes randomly reboots the phone when winamp is playing...

do people even still care about this phone nowadays with all the other new shizznit that comes out just about every 2 weeks- month?:thinking:

Upvote 0
actually with the aura rom the developer removed a good part of the blurbloat.....

give it a whirl. you won't be disappointed.

hmm...I might look into Aura. I'm trying to find a good basic GB ROM. Right now I have the FR/Intl GB Rom which is giving me some issues.

Does the fingerprint scanner work on Aura? That's my biggest annoyance with the FR GB Rom

Upvote 0
hmm...I might look into Aura. I'm trying to find a good basic GB ROM. Right now I have the FR/Intl GB Rom which is giving me some issues.

Does the fingerprint scanner work on Aura? That's my biggest annoyance with the FR GB Rom

i was on the FR/Intl GB Rom and it worked ok, slow i found though and yes the fingerprint scanner works on aura.

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
Anyone found out how to get the swype beta onto the atrix without rooting yet? That's probably what I like least about the atrix so far.

Also, it seems like whenever my phone is charging, or a little hot, swype starts to jitter and i get a "swiggly line" effect. On top of this, sometimes when I unplug my phone from my usb charger, it will reboot. This probably happens half the time that I unplug it.

I was debating whether or not to root my atrix but decided not to. I have a lot of experience with rooting and flashing roms on my old captivate, but it was difficult to hard brick the captivate. From what I read, it seems like it is (moderately) easy to brick a moto atrix. Is this true? I really want the new swype beta, it's a big, noticeable improvement.

Upvote 0
I'm still very happy with my Atrix. Haven't done anything new to it since I don't know of any worthy mods out there but it doesn't mean I'm bored by it. Hasn't slowed down or given me any problems so it's definitely doing its job.

I agree with kilasix - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you go here - Atrix 4G Android Development - xda-developers - you'll find some really excellent roms which make the Atrix a lot of fun to use. These are true roms, with custom kernels, so you will need to not only be rooted, but have an unlocked bootloader as well.

-Mike

Upvote 0
I agree with kilasix - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you go here - Atrix 4G Android Development - xda-developers - you'll find some really excellent roms which make the Atrix a lot of fun to uses. These are true roms, with custom kernels, so you will need to not only be rooted, but have an unlocked bootloader as well.

-Mike

If you have the newest OTA update can you unlock the bootloader?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones