• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anything you don't like about the EVO's looks?

nocircles%21.png

VICTORY!

YouTube - HTC to present its 4G Android phone EVO 4G for Sprint

Upvote 0
I'd never seen one where the phone lacks the circles. That video was merely proof that it does indeed lack them.

The circles light when the capacitive touch sensor on those buttons is activated or the phone is booted up. Could also mean that since that video is from CTIA and the software was far from complete that the internal drivers that handle the lights wasn't final build either.

Upvote 0
Oh god damn, looking at the video now, I see that there are indeed circles. They're just very hard to see. I don't think I really dislike them now, seeing how unnoticeable they are...

The circles light when the capacitive touch sensor on those buttons is activated or the phone is booted up. Could also mean that since that video is from CTIA and the software was far from complete that the internal drivers that handle the lights wasn't final build either.

Hadn't known that, thanks! By the way, loqueris latine? With your name, I can't help but ask.

Upvote 0
I think I may take off the back cover, tape over the camera lens, and then use black auto touchup paint on the ring around the camera lens so that when I take it off, the back won't have the red camera ring but rather a slick black. Not sure if I will do the same under the kickstand or maybe another color like white or silver.

xlf3o3.jpg

Wow, I love how this looks. I really don't like the red.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones