1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root anything?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by z0mb13m4n, Oct 5, 2011.

1. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Salt Lake City
    so does anyone know if any root method works for this phone? My sister just got one to replace her LG Ally and I'd like to root it for her to give her Titanium Backup.

Advertisement

2. nerofmx

nerofmx Newbie
    None

May 13, 2010
    I can't believe that no one here has messed with this phone yet either. I have a friend who just bought one yesterday, and I was playing with it this morning. I think within the next week I am going to bring my Laptop to her house and try some various rooting processes. I will post my findings after I get to do this.

3. db2u

db2u Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Im guessing its either not selling well or is selling to first time android users judging by the lack of ANYTHING in here.

4. Biotic

Biotic Android Expert
    None

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Construction and Android Developer
    Pennsylvania
    Try gingerbreak

5. centim6

centim6 Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    I'm so frustrated that I've put mine up for sale because i dont think there is a solution for root for this device. ive checked all online forums and nothing. ive tried alternate solutions for root similiar to the enlighten device and nothing. gingerbreak, z4root, both dead ends. either verizon techs permanently patched the exploits or this is not a popular enough phone for devs to bother with. either way, im done if i dont see a solution by dec 31, 2011.
    virgin mobile lg optimus slider got root. even sprint optimus v. but not verizon. arrrrghh!

6. centim6

centim6 Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    after a month of utter frustration, i found a working root for the lg enlighten. all you need to do is go to youtube.com and type in root for lg enlighten and look for the vid by mstechify. i just rooted my phone this morning and i've been bouncing off the walls. from what i can tell, the enlighten is already maxed out at 800mhz (unless i didnt do something right, which i doubt). but to have the ability to remove those pesky ads from apps and move everything over to my sd card and remove/freeze the bloatware, i'm happier than a 8 year old seeing santa come down the chimney. just follow the instructions on that vid and you're good to go. enjoy! ;)

z0mb13m4n likes this.
  7. netizenmt

netizenmt Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 3, 2010
    Technical Support
    Mansfield, OH
    Rooting just unlocks the phone so you can get rid of the bloat and run apps that require root access. To overclock the phone past the default 800mhz, you would need a kernel that supports overclocking. You would likely need a custom recovery as well. You might look here Getitnowmarketing - Android Forums

I would check the post on how to request a custom recovery be made here http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/339920-how-submit-new-device-recovery-creation.html

The same author has created overclock kernels for other phones, so it's just possible there may be one in the future for your Enlighten as well. Good luck to you!

8. SyrStorm

SyrStorm Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Okay so I'm posting about the system dump for this phone. Now that you got this phone rooted, i was wondering if one of you can try to post a system dump of this phone on rgocal's thread, "requesting a system dump" on the LG Enlighten - All Things Root page. If you do not know what to do about how posting a system dump, contact rgocal and ask him for help as I am sure he would help you with it. He needs the system dump for this phone for a ROM project for the LG Ally, Thanks.

Tags: