1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Anyway to default save contacts to google instead of phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andrewzpsu, Mar 24, 2011.

1. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    On the TB, when I go to save new contacts the default seems to be to the phone - I hate that. I want it to save my contacts straight to google so it syncs with my Incredible.

Anyway to make google the default?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Advertisement

2. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager
    So far as I know from playing with many Google Devices, it seems like it goes to your phone but then immediately syncs to Google Contacts.

I believe it checks for which image got edited last and then overwrites the other one.

IE: you change a contact on Google contacts 15 minutes after making it on your TB, Google checks the time, sees Google is more recent and overwrites the TB edition.

3. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    I think in your Google account there is a box or something to check that says sync all or something like that.

4. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager
    Not on the PC side of things...

I have never had to check anything, just tell it to sync and boom, everything goes back and forth.

Had to check it on the actual account settings on the Droid though...

5. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Yeah, I just don't want to save anything to my phone. I want it to all be cloud based. On my incredible it comes up with a pop up to save to google or the phone. On the thunderbolt, you have to pull it from a drop down after the fact... no huge ordeal, but I just don't want to go forgetting and then losing a cute girl's phone number or something hahah. Which ironically if I didn't just check could have just happened!!! oh my.

My phones sync their contacts between themselves and also onto google. It is important for my business that this keeps happening.

6. farms

farms Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    So I used google and stumbled upon your resolution :) all you have todo is change what contacts your viewing in your people application. If you only have the google account you want to sync with setup then it will always default to that acct with new contacts. Need not to worry about losing all those cuties digits! :p

HTC Thunderbolt will not sync with contacts. - Google Mobile Help