• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyway to disable gmail conversation threading on ICS?

Hello,

Am I right to assume that ICS did not bring the option to disable e-mail convos/threading from Gmail desktop? Really annoying when multiple people are responding to the same e-mail -- it gets really easy to miss new e-mails.

I read in other forums that the only way to get around this in Gingerbread was to use the mail client and not use the gmail app.

If that's the case -- maybe the question is what do you give up using the mail app (new android user here)? Does it save convos for 30 days etc? From what I've read it generally seems that Google discourages use of the app (for obvious reasons).

Thanks

I dont think this particular option made it into the ICS port yet.... But I feel like it used to be there in GB, no?

Edit: hmm I think I might be incorrect here. I didnt see a setting on my N1.

One work-around would be to use the regular mail app and access gmail via IMAP -- not perfect, but I prefer the regular email app anyways. Though you lose push notifications this way I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones