1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyway to get the Samsung Fascinate to 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hbdabears, Mar 29, 2011.

1. hbdabears

hbdabears Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Oh this phone. I'm quite happy with it, id give it probably a 4.5 stars /5 being quite generous. I am definitively a novice when it comes to using and working these phones. Yeah I get the basic features but I encountered a problem today. A new app has been released called "Dillo Hills". For all you that don't understand, this app is a "Tiny Wings" replica, a game that is a necessity to all iphone users. Now this game says "NOTE THIS GAME IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SETTINGS BELOW 2.2" now with my phone. 2.2 is not gonna happen:(. And also the game says. Phones that completely do not work with this game. One of them listed is the Samsung Fascinate. Is this because of me not having 2.2? or just the game it self. Is there anyone to get my phone to 2.2? I have never jail broken anything of that matter but I really want to play this game....

Advertisement

2. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    sorry, you are out of luck. there is no way to get your phone to 2.3 every one is suffering with 2.2 at the moment.

3. CaptainTwinkie

None

May 3, 2010
    Orem, UT
    He never said anything about 2.3, he wanted to know about 2.2.

Yes you can get 2.2.

I will point you here. Fascinate Android Development - xda-developers

There is a semi-working build of 2.3. But if your wanting something to use day to day, I would not use it.

4. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Android Expert
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    Rooting and changing ROM on your phone isn't that hard. There is a one click root.

Fully functional 2.3 ROM should be available very very soon, as the developer is advancing rapidly since the dropped of source code.

5. Crucial

Crucial Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    Project Manager, UPS
    LI, NY
  6. katsimbris

katsimbris Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    That's exactly what I did. And the new OS I put on is already rooted. I just added Clockwork from the app store to save the new ROM I downloaded and give me options.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. While the prep (downloading stuff to my computer) took a bit of time, I can't believe how easy it ended up being.

Mike K

7. nghthawk47

nghthawk47 Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    Clockwork is included in the Software Adrenaline has provided. It is about the easiest thing to do on here. Took me around 7 minutes total. I previously mingled around the rooting process before, but this is just dead on easier (and better)!

8. Streetdoc740

Streetdoc740 Newbie
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    Emergency Medical Services
    Pittsburgh, PA
    There is an update on Samsungs website for froyo 2.2 for the mesmerize. I got there by following the links for VZW fascinate. Anybody try it? Would it work?

9. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    It wouldn't work with our phone. We can use kernels from the Mesmerize but that's about it. If you want 2.2 go to the all things root section and or the post above by Crucial :p

10. hbdabears

hbdabears Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Thanks I mean I could try rooting it but that voids the warranty which is annoying. Is there even a gurantee that this game will work if I root it and install 2.2? And arent these roots usually buggy?