1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Anyway to go back to old software insted of new update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Exaqtion, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    So I was in love with this phone, and I had no sort of problem at all. THEN, I see the red and blue arrows so I had to update, which I knew wasn't going to do alot, but should help the phone out. It didn't. After it was done, my phone had the slowest lag I've ever saw, and when I would unlock the phone it gave me a static white screen sometimes before going to my home screen. Its horrible!

I just want to go back to how it was, I had no mounting problems ect. Anyway to do this? Would it be the ODIN program?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. kam187

kam187 Android Expert

Aug 3, 2009
    UK
    First try a factory reset. If that doesnt fix it, then you can use Odin to go back to the old software.

Exaqtion likes this.
  3. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Thanks Kam. Factory reset did wonders to the speed. Still have the static white screen when unlock though =/

4. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Android Enthusiast

That static white screen is a bug of the update. You can go back pre-update (and lose the advantage of the update) by just ODIN'ing back.

5. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Android Enthusiast

Feb 3, 2010
    IT Customer Support
    Rolla, MO, USA
    Just adding in: there are reports that if you flash to another version you will be unable to get the update automatically again. The best idea we have so far is that T-Mobile essentially checks you off as already having the update and blocks the phone from getting it later.