• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyway to have wallpapers not zoomed in so much?

Kadin

Aug 2, 2010
Whether I download them via an app like Backgrounds or simply pictures I take, they never seem to set right on my background. They always zoom in way too much. The format option when I pick a picture is much more of a landscape aspect instead of the portrait style that I'm looking for.

Is this because it needs to adapt when turned on its side? I never do this and would love an option to make portrait style backgrounds. Thanks!

The zoom is caused by something kind of silly imo. The rectangular box that tries to get you to crop the photo is adjustable in size. just make the box larger and you'll have the full wallpaper with no zoom. The wider background is because it wants it slightly wider in order to scroll left & right. As such, it wants a background of the size 960x800 to fit perfectly. You can disable scrolling backgrounds in the settings and that will likely allow you to use a 480x800 image for the background. Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones