1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Anyway to remove lock screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilbballer27, Jun 18, 2010.

1. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to remove the stupid slide down unlock screen and just use the pattern drawing? I am rooted so I was hoping with root there is a chance to do this.

Advertisement

2. lewa

lewa Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Of course, do a nandroid backup first.

There's a way to remove the lock screen. There's a patch or an app or something that removes it. Then just leave the pattern enabled and hopefully it'll work.

If not, do do a backup and then try this:

Then, go to /system/app/lockscrn.apk
    (At least, I think that's the file name. That's the right location though.)

Hopefully if you do that, and enable the pattern thing it'll work.

--OR

Install a vanilla rom and use the pattern thing in that. Still gotta do the slide and the pattern, but it's a lot faster IMO. I recommend TaintedVanilla (look over at xda).

3. A market app called "no lock" causes the device to come out of sleep directly to your home screen.

Free.

4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010

Frisco whats up :), I as well tried this. pretty neat.

5. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

So it would go straight to home screen instead of me drawing the line like I want?

6. No Lock brings the home screen up by a press of the power button; no line to draw.

Those with accidental phone or app launching issues should not use No Lock in the "locking disabled" mode, obviously.

The app offers a toggle for locking to be enabled if, for example, you carry your device in your pocket or a tight holster.

7. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Nice, will definitely use it while at work and my phones just sitting on the desk.

Thanks!