• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyway to restore STOCK Recovery?

I was looking for 4.1.2 download from Casio and came across this...http://www.casiogzone.com/us/support/ . if you 'agree' in the downloads/software section it shows a table with a few files for the commando version of 4.0 and a txt file for how to do it. The information in the txt file was more technical than what I understand. But seems like it will get you back to stock phone. Here's what is in the text file

=================================== How to setup the build environment. =================================== This document describes how to build a build for the C811. Please follow the steps below to complete the Build. 1. Download the Base environment from Code Aurora Forum (CAF) found at https://www.codeaurora.org/ The Manifest File is as follows: https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/ <Android releases> Date Tag / Build ID Chipset Manifest Android Version August 10, 2012 M8960AAAAANLYA153617 msm8960 M8960AAAAANLYA153617.xml 04.00.04 $ repo init -u git://codeaurora.org/platform/manifest.git -b release -m M8960AAAAANLYA153617.xml --repo-url=git://codeaurora.org/tools/repo.git $ repo sync 2. Overwrite the C811's open source environment with the environment downloaded in Step 1. 3. Add the (JDK) Java Development Kit's path to the environment variable PATH. example: $ export PATH=<JDK's install path>/bin:$PATH 4. Run the commands below: $ source build/envsetup.sh $ choosecombo release msm8960 user $ make clean && make -j8 Note: Ensure to match the last "-j8" to the Build environment. Caution: Please note that we cannot guarantee operation using images created with this build. ====================================================== (C) NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd. 2013, All rights reserved.

Hope that helps. Seems like a way to get there but then I'm not real sure about what I'm looking at.

Upvote 0
**** WARNING****

I flashed the stock recovery over the CWM recovery and ran the update. When I rebooted the phone I had all sorts of problems. Any time the phone was asleep it would require a battery pull. I then tried the 410 update tool and would bootloop anytime the cellular radio was on. Next I flashed the 470 baseband and still no radio. Finally I obtained the stock Verizon baseband and was able to use the phone again, but I lost LTE.

Bottom line, don't do it.

Upvote 0
I installed CWM thinking that was the only route to getting 4.1.2 ROM that was rooted. However even though Doctoror was very generous to make a working ROM, it does have some issues. So does anyone know how I can flash stock C811 recovery back to the phone, or am I stuck on CWM recovery?
If you are on 4.1.2 baseband M040. don't flash "stockrom.zip" file to go back to 4.0.4 baseband M020 it will get you bootloops.

Upvote 0
never thought about that... thats a strange pickle, you cant get support for the device, because you're on a different provider..

might be a long shot, but casio covers it under 12 months directly, try calling them and asking about warranty info

Its really complicated. I do Have Verizon....but its offline now because of an insanely high bill. So while I pay that off I'm using Straight Talk $45 plan and its on AT&T. That's why I'm on GSM. I should get my Verizon back within 6 months.

As far as Casio might try that....the phone is under 3 months old. However its got a custom recovery and rooted. Although they didn't lock the boot loader, I'm sure rooting and heavy modding has voided the Casio warranty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones