1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Anyway to undelete text messages on sim card? Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheQuestion, Nov 25, 2008.

1. TheQuestion

TheQuestion New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I am so irritated right now. Just got the phone yesterday, and learning all the tricks for it. Unfortunately, this morning on the train I was clearing out a bunch of old text messages since my sim card was almost full. When I went to MESSAGES > MANAGE MESSAGES, it was taking FOREVER to delete messages...I'd delete one, and have to wait up to 2 minutes for it to refresh the screen to delete another.

So, while viewing the messages I hit the MENU key, and a selection popped up "Delete Messages". I assumed it was like all other phones I've ever used in the history of mankind, and I'd be able to check or uncheck any messages I wanted, then mass delete a large group. Unfortunately when I hit that button, it paused for at least a minute - and deleted all my messages! :eek: My wife had old messages from years ago that meant a lot, and just like that they are gone.

I didn't get a warning asking me "are you sure you want to delete all your messages" or anything like that. The option said "delete messages" - not "delete all messages". I am very disappointed by such poor design on a device that is otherwise designed ingeniously.

There is no way to undelete those I assume?

Advertisement

2. gslotter

gslotter New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Once it's deleted, it's deleted. Sorry!

:mad:

Tags: