1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Anywhere I could try out an N1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UserName872, Jun 8, 2010.

1. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey guys,

So I'm constantly switching between phones and love tinkering and tweaking. I had an HTC Hero back on 1.5 but had to change carriers due to where I live. Currently I am on AT&T with an iPhone 3GS but I want back to an Android device. I am really intrigued by the N1 but I want to get my hands on it before dishing out the $529 for it online. Having the Hero I know android and the general feel but it's just a knack I have for needing to put my hands on the device before buying.

Essentially, my question is are there any places yet that the N1 can be demoed in a store? I know that it is making its way out of the webstore and into retailers eventually but I didn't know if there was a timeline for that?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers!

Advertisement

2. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    To my knowledge, nothing has been announced yet regarding a timeline. Also, just as an FYI, you will find that the "general feel" that you have for Android isn't necessarily the case, as having had a Hero, you were used to Sense UI, which is not what is shipped on the Nexus. Nexus is shipped with vanilla android.

3. Viralmind

Viralmind Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    the only way to try it out is find someone who owns one and ask them.

they aren't in any stores at the moment.

4. UserName872

Nov 4, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Philadelphia, PA

Great point thanks! Although I rooted my Hero and deactivated the HTC sense UI because I preferred the plain OS over the sense ui overlay!

5. clickwir

clickwir Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I know the feeling. When I got my N1 and started showing it off, most people asked me where I got to try it first. I told them I didn't. I just bought it and hoped for the best. I watched a lot of reviews of it and accessories for it. Most seemed shocked that I spent that much on something I've never held. But I did and I'm glad I did. Right now, you'll have to find someone that has one to try it. They might be coming to stores, but I wouldn't suspect it within the next month.

Also, if you do buy, check out ebay. I noticed a few auctions for NEW ones that were about $100 cheaper than what I paid. And I got mine on ebay as well. Saved a few bucks, but not that much.

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Don't know if you're up to this idea, but you can put an ad on craiglist to play with someone's N1 for an hour for like $10/$20, lol...I bet some N1 owners will jump on that!

OR...same idea...except you meet up with someone that's selling his/her N1 and ask to have a look/play at it. And afterwards, tell them you're not interested or want more time to think it over.

Just remember, meet in a crowded place and/or bring someone with you!

7. UserName872

Nov 4, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Philadelphia, PA
    Haha I never thought of doing something like that! I can imagine the title now "Will pay $$$$ to play with your N1 in public" Good idea thanks :D

Tags: