1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AOAP 9.9.2 Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ltb3, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ltb3

ltb3 Newbie

Hello all,

I searched around for awhile, couldn't find anyone who had the two problems I am having with this ROM. Gallery force closes almost every time I turn the screen on, not a huge deal, I started using quickpic, but it's aggravating to have to keep hitting the close button.

Also, the sync icon is always in the notification bar. I can't really tell if it's syncing anything or not, as I haven't added any contacts or anything recently. But I don't have the option to "sync now" when I go into the account menu.

Am currently in the process of flashing GB, so this may be a non issue, but I'd like to be able to fix it, on the off hand chance I go back to Froyo.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

You can either boot into recovery to start with, the clear Cache and Davlik, and see if that resolves your issues, if not you can do the same again but this time re flash 9.9.2 Rom over it again. Then if you still have an issue you can try the new GB Rom which is great

ltb3 likes this.
  3. ltb3

ltb3 Newbie

I never thought to just wipe cache and davlik, I did reflash the rom a couple times.

I don't think it will matter too much, because even after a few mis-steps last night, I was able to get the 2/10 version of GB on here, and it's running like a champ so far!

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

I would try the 2/18 version of AOSP Android 2.3. It has quite a few fixes and supposedly takes care of the GPS issues.

You can just wipe cache and Dalvik cache and flash it over top of your existing ROM. Let us know if you need assistance.

5. weiss27md

weiss27md Member

I had issues to the first time so I reflashed the ROM again and this time also formatting cache and data too. After doing the following:

CWM Recovery
    Wipe data/Factory Reset
    Wipe cache partition
    Advance/Wipe Davlik cache
    Partitions Menu/Format Boot
    Partition Menu/Format System

6. ltb3

ltb3 Newbie

I will have to give that one a shot when I get in from work, I seldom use the GPS, so that's not a deal breaker either way.

My biggest problem with the newer one I used was the market not working. The force close box popping up drives me absolutely bonkers! lol

7. ltb3

ltb3 Newbie

I may nandroid back and try that out. I wasn't using clockwork recovery, so I didn't have the ability to do the format part.

But now I've caught up with the pack a bit, I was lagging behind on 2.1 forever. lol

8. ltb3

ltb3 Newbie

One more quick thing, I know this isn't really the right thread, but I have a GB problem. The little launcher thing at the bottom disappeared, I was able to put the three icons back, but they are quite tiny. How could I go about getting the original one back?

9. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Android Expert

ltb3 -
    I woudll change launchers - ADW hasn't been running smooth on GB

ltb3 likes this.
  10. ltb3

ltb3 Newbie

Downloaded Launcher Pro, now if I can just remember how to change to it. lol

11. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Piece of cake and one of the best Launchers out there. IMO

ltb3 likes this.
  12. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Press the home button

ltb3 likes this.
  13. ltb3

ltb3 Newbie

Yeah, I surprised myself by figuring it out. After only twenty minutes of button pushing. lol

14. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Yea, stupid me, I downloaded home switcher all the time to change the launcher, never realized pressing the home button did the trick. I never press the home button so.........:eek:

ltb3 likes this.