• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AOKP Running on Evo Design

You are never going to get stuff working fully with out building from source code. How ever I will be nice and give a taste http://2fastroms.com/development/2f...uZiiOnZz/cm-9-20120808-UNOFFICIAL-kingdom.zip

Do not report issues or ask for when something will be fixed. It will be fixed when I get time to fix it. You are welcome to post a what doesn't and what does work if you like to.
What works is:
No fc's
Full ril (Phone, sms, mms) Roaming is unchecked
Wifi
Sound
Mic should work
Then not sure what else off my head.

one issue that im sure youre aware of, when pressing a toggle on the notification bar it bugs out, i tried installing reloaded ICS over it didn't work at all. Something to look into trying maybe? Great work so far tho man, Something i did to it was added in a few apks, mainly google ones but also a file manager. always nice to have one of thsoe.

Upvote 0
It is egl issues, how I know you didn't just take the boot.img from sense and put it in aokp and have a working build. The egl would bug out at max res forcing close the systemui.apk. How ever the above is a mix of my source build and some other stuff to keep the egl under control.

As for the kernel source, overclock will be done in a few if this build works. Aosp the kernel will have to go to someone else to get working.

Edit: You need to install gapps over it to have the market by the way.

Upvote 0
It is egl issues, how I know you didn't just take the boot.img from sense and put it in aokp and have a working build. The egl would bug out at max res forcing close the systemui.apk. How ever the above is a mix of my source build and some other stuff to keep the egl under control.

As for the kernel source, overclock will be done in a few if this build works. Aosp the kernel will have to go to someone else to get working.

Edit: You need to install gapps over it to have the market by the way.

You alone need your own thread for your production.
And my issue with the status bar was from the build you linked me. i can up a ss of what happened if you'd like.
Using that rom of yours makes me miss my Galaxy S II (i-777 model) with the foxhound rom.. that was a glorious phone..

Upvote 0
I had system ui force closes at first...I added the HTC resource file back into framework and then everything was laggy but no force closes...

I made a bunch of build.prop changes and reduced the number of screens and widgets on the launcher to try and take off some of the graphics load and the UI became smoother.

Now the strange part is that with everything running smoother now I deleted the HTC files from the system folders and everything continues to run well.

At that point I did the backup after doing a data wipe, ran a Sense ROM for a day then did a restore with the backup I made of the AOKP ROM in CWM.
The UI is fine now...issues are camera, BT, GPS WIFI and WIMAX

Upvote 0
You alone need your own thread for your production.
And my issue with the status bar was from the build you linked me. i can up a ss of what happened if you'd like.
Using that rom of yours makes me miss my Galaxy S II (i-777 model) with the foxhound rom.. that was a glorious phone..

I know that but don't plan to make one, It seems people here doesn't know that cookiefrog from my team sent kushdeck a design. Where he got it yesterday I think it was or the day before. Aosp will come, all I am doing is getting together something booting and pushing it to git where kush can use it if needed. The the above post, sorry but you are mixing stuff that isn't needed. Nothing framework wise is needed from sense.

Edit: Also I know for a fact if you take just the boot.img from sense and place it in the aokp rom it fc's the systemui. I done checked when you made this thread. Removing the build.prop entry for the screen may help though.

Upvote 0
I know that but don't plan to make one, It seems people here doesn't know that cookiefrog from my team sent kushdeck a design. Where he got it yesterday I think it was or the day before. Aosp will come, all I am doing is getting together something booting and pushing it to git where kush can use it if needed. The the above post, sorry but you are mixing stuff that isn't needed. Nothing framework wise is needed from sense.

this... this is the best news i've heard in a long time...

Upvote 0
this... this is the best news i've heard in a long time...

I didn't figure many knew that here ;) Though it is said now, where if someone wants to make a thread that is fine. I don't have time to, but can say for a fact that it is true. Someone can also make a thread for the cm9 build above if they like. All I was doing was sharing even though the title is aokp :p

Edit: O ps if someone try the above porting method on cm it isn't going to work. It will need permissions changed, how ever you can use the boot.img out of the above linked cm9.

Upvote 0
I didn't figure many knew that here ;) Though it is said now, where if someone wants to make a thread that is fine. I don't have time to, but can say for a fact that it is true. Someone can also make a thread for the cm9 build above if they like. All I was doing was sharing even though the title is aokp :p

Edit: O ps if someone try the above porting method on cm it isn't going to work. It will need permissions changed, how ever you can use the boot.img out of the above linked cm9.

we were all able to get that porting method working properly with it stable. just nothing worked other than 3g, sms, mms lol. But however i'm posting a thread now. :).

Upvote 0
we were all able to get that porting method working properly with it stable. just nothing worked other than 3g, sms, mms lol. But however i'm posting a thread now. :).

Um if I am reading that right, you didn't even read my post. You can not take the sense boot.img and boot cm. The permissions are not in it needed for cm, you can boot other aosp roms but cm. If you use the boot.img out of the linked cm rom it should work on any aosp rom. :rolleyes:

If I understood wrong, I am sorry but it looks like you are trying to say it worked for you with a bone stock sense boot.img.

Upvote 0
Um if I am reading that right, you didn't even read my post. You can not take the sense boot.img and boot cm. The permissions are not in it needed for cm, you can boot other aosp roms but cm. If you use the boot.img out of the linked cm rom it should work on any aosp rom. :rolleyes:

If I understood wrong, I am sorry but it looks like you are trying to say it worked for you with a bone stock sense boot.img.

gotcha. nah it wasn't a CM rom i had tried it on. just AOSP ones. I was confused a bit. sorry still currently trying to flash your Kernal ><
the error i get is
assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/newboot.img', "boot")
E:/Error in /sdcard/<the folder i have it in>/Kingdom_fastkernel-Ics_V4.zip
Status 7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones