1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Aosp 2.1 rom!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brutus2TheMax, Feb 18, 2010.

1. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

Maybe, I will just give it a try at lease b4 we get sprints official release.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Android Expert

cyanogenmod-darch.zip

Mediafire mirror. Downloading now.

It pretty much just cleans things up, little better optimized

3. chocmatic

thanks..do we have to add the custom kernel?

4. tatonka_Hero

the kernel with this ROM already works with SetCPU, if that's what you're thinking. And it probably runs damn fast as it is...my slow ass internet hasn't finished downloading yet (41.6 kB/s, OUCH)

You can put Toastcfh kernel on if you want, but I don't think it will help anything, as Multitouch is already enabled with this release. SetCPU doesn't work with Toastcfh's kernel.

5. chocmatic

Sounds good..I will give it a try

6. tatonka_Hero

I'm reading some issues on XDA...might want to wait a bit to see if they're big problems or not

7. chocmatic

just seen it also

8. tatonka_Hero

Looks like it's probably not a bad idea to wait for the fix Darchstar's gonna put up soon

9. TheBiles

TheBiles Android Enthusiast

He already put up the fix, but it doesn't fix the app installation issue (though that is very easy to do in like 2 command lines). However, the new version he put up does make it so you can flash over your previous version and keep all of your apps and data!

10. tatonka_Hero

I think I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to update lol. Too busy watching the USA vs. Canada hockey game...what a match!

11. mconigs78

mconigs78 Member

Did you do any wipes when you flashed over a different rom? Im running fresh1.1 now

12. chfields

chfields Well-Known Member

Go USA 2-1 in 1st period!!

13. mysticmead

mysticmead Android Expert

where can I watch?? NBC is only showing snow cross

14. tatonka_Hero

msnbc

15. mysticmead

mysticmead Android Expert

Thanks!

16. doeboy

doeboy Newbie

thats what I want to know as well

17. tatonka_Hero

Any time you're coming from a 1.5 ROM and going to a 1.6+ ROM, you should wipe. Same thing going back from a 1.6+ ROM to a 1.5 ROM

18. chocmatic

I'm really liking this rom! However, one drawback and now I have to back to fresh's rom. I need my exchange calendar to sync and that options does not exist. I can only sync contacts

19. tatonka_Hero

I'm heading back to Fresh 1.1 as well I think, for a little while anyway.

I want to make sure everything's going to work perfectly for my drive to school and back tomorrow, and I know it will on Fresh.

Let alone the battery time on Fresh is quite a bit better than on AOSP 2.1. I'm at less than 50% with 11 hours of the phone being on, but idle for 90% of that time. That bothers me a bit, because I use it a LOT on class days (although, exam tomorrow means I'll use it less lol)

20. DFRESH

DFRESH Android Enthusiast

Here's the thing....the rom it's not an actual 2.1 firmware rom....just like flips 2.1 rom....

21. tatonka_Hero

actually, this one IS a 2.1 ROM. Not based on 2.0.1 like Flipz'

From darchstar:

22. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Hey Tatonka....I'm thinking the same thing....just for a little while. I want to give them more time to polish up this ROM and see what come of it.

Anyway...how do I go about getting 1.5 back on my phone....do I just
    wipe and flash Fresh 1.1 and BAM 1.5 is back on...? I have NO idea how to do RUU and not sure I can do it...lol.

What can I just "flash" to get back to what I had for the time being...?

23. tatonka_Hero

Yup, just wipe and flash Fresh.

Although, I think you could just wipe, and restore a nandroid of your fresh. I haven't gotten it to work, but that's mostly due to a problem with my backup file I think...pain in the ass.

Plus, I deleted my titanium backup file, so I lost all of that. I really don't want to go about figuring out what apps I had on, then doing all my customizations again...FML lol

24. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Just 'flashing' fresh sounds awesome....but for shit's and giggles, how do I flash a nandroid backup...? From what I gather it's a folder and not a zip.

"IF" I have to put it into a zip....lol, nevermind....I'll just flash fresh. Kind of want this all to be simple :)

25. tatonka_Hero

sorry, "flash" wasn't the right word. "Restoring" would be a better word. Just restore nandroid from the backup menu in the recovery console.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews