1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AOSP dialer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by teddyearp, Oct 3, 2014.

1. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Howdy all.

Yeah, I've been fairly derelict at this site. So I hope y'all forgive me and help me out.

[blah, blah, blah]This device is my first Android HTC device and I've been really liking the 6.0 sense features (been on Viper 1.8 for a while now), you know: double tap to wake/sleep, flip up and press a volume button to start the camera, pick it up and put it to ear to answer (sometimes doesn't work); you know, the stuff.[/blah, blah, blah]

Let me get right to my question. What I do not like is the dialer/people app; or should I say, the call history. I know on AOSP when checking call history, I can see not only the date, but the time and length of call. With Viper (sense) all I get is a date. If I tap on the item, all it does is redial the number. If I long press, I am presented with some options, but cannot get the actual time and duration info.

So to get my desire, do I have to ditch a sense rom and go straight AOSP/GPE (and possibly wreck the other things I like about sense) or is there a way to keep a sense ROM and have these AOSP call history features that I miss?

TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews