1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root AOSP GB rom w/working exchange e-mail?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dabrador, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Dabrador

Dabrador Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 16, 2009
    I would love to find an AOSP gingerbread rom with a working exchange e-mail. I'm currently running APEX 2 rc2 and the rom is fantastic...except for the e-mail app. It's hit or miss when it comes to proper sync with corporate e-mail.

Anyone know of a rom that will work? Better yet, how can I get the blur e-mail app on my phone?

Advertisement

2. barchamb

barchamb Newbie
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Central Coast, CA
    I guess it depends on your company's exchange server. I was on ApeX 2.0 RC2 for quite a while, and never had an issue with the AOSP email app. Well, I should say that I never had trouble with it syncing with my company's exchange server. I do, however, have issues with the AOSP email app. And, since I'm now running MIUI, it uses the same email app, so I've got the same issues.

I don't link how you can't format your message (fonts, colors, etc). I don't like how the notification icon doesn't ever go away if I read messaged from Outlook and not my phone. It just keeps incrementing the number of unread messages.

But, I'd much rather have the speed and customization of AOSP ROMs that go back to the bloat ware Blur.

And, to answer your last question: you cannot run the Blur email app on a non-Blur ROM. You can find the APK out there, but it won't run. Without the Blur services it needs in the framework, it just doesn't work. If you must use the Blur email app, you need a Blur ROM like Darkslide.

You could also try K9 Mail, which is free. I tried it, but it didn't work with my company's server. You can also always run Touchdown, which is very full featured, but it's like $20.

3. Dabrador

Dabrador Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 16, 2009
    Thanks for the great feedback. The real issue is exactly what you said above about the icon and number of emails. K9 also doesn't work for me and Touchdown is just too much for what I'm looking for. I guess I'll have to try another rom.