1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ap Request: Accessible Office Ap

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by robot phone, Sep 18, 2011.

1. robot phone

robot phone Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    Hi, I have an ap request for anyone who is in need of an interesting project for which there is a growing need. Currently, there isn't an office ap that is accessible to the screen readers available on android. There are those that allow for the documents to be read allowed, but none that allow for editing and such. I think one point will be to get the documents that are opened to display as an edit field like in a web form. This is because at least one of the screen readers has the abillity to read by character and such in edit fields. Well, there it is. I would be willing to test it out and I think I can find others who would be willing to as well. And I'd be willing to pay for an ap that would let me edit my documents and such with my phone. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Chuck O. Jones

None

Sep 4, 2011
    You mean you want Windows Office files to be readable, editable, and saveable on your Android phone?
    You need Documents-to-go (free, in the Market).

[​IMG]

3. robot phone

robot phone Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    Unfortunately, I've tried that one, and at least one other, but my issue is that the ap is not usable for me because I am blind and use the TalkBack screen reader built into the accessibility framework on android. My request is for an ap that will work with the screen reader.

Hey, I meant to post this in the applications forum. Could one of the mods move it? I'm not sure how it ended up here. Thanks.

4. robot phone

robot phone Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    Thanks for moving this to the right forum. I was thinking that one way to accomplish accessibility would be to make it so that when the document is opened, it displays as an edit field. This seems to be what the screen reader on my computer does. The talkback screen reader on android has controlls for moving by character, line, and such in edit fields.