1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Apex 1.4.1 and Weather Bug Elite not updating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkcyber, Feb 27, 2011.

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    North Alabama
    I been running Weather Bug Elite for a long time (before rooting) and it would always update the widget with near current conditions and it would also put the red triangle on my notification bar at the top and sound the ringtone alarm for weather statements. Since I have rooted we haven't had much weather stuff, but we have just started getting some. And I have noticed that Weather Bug Elite is not updating my widget a lot of the times and it is not displaying any weather alerts until I press on WB Elite and open it up, then it will update and puts the current alerts on the notification bar.

I have everything checked to make it do it automatically, but it is not. Is anyone else seeing this and does anyone know of a fix to get it to update?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Female
    SE Wisconsin

I haven't gotten Apex yet, but I am rooted, and I've had WB Elite do this a few times too. I've also had it spontaneously decide I'm in California, of all places, and it refuses to change until it updates on its own. I'm not sure if it isn't just some sort of weird quirk in the programming, though.

3. friguy3

friguy3 Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    i used to use WB elite a lot but it NEVER updated. Switched to beautiful widgets and although the notification icon sometimes closes it actually updates.

4. kdkinc

kdkinc Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 4, 2009
    Inverness.Florida
    Try clearing the WB cache in applications.
    Or maybe a delete and reload from market.
    I had no issue with WB on this Rom.

darkcyber likes this.