1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root Apex 1.4 Out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SimsDelt, Feb 13, 2011.

1. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert

I can't believe no one has made a thread for the new Apex 1.4. Its in RC status. But I'm running it right over 1.3.1 and its working flawlessly.

Here is the changelog: http://fabdroid.com/changelog.txt

Here is the download link for apex 1.4: http://bit.ly/gLkAnA <----- RC2

Advertisement

Steven58 and jxker like this.
  2. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Android Expert

I don't think anyone made a thread because its being talked about in the apex 1.3.1 thread

3. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

I will make the thread when the final version is ready ;-)

4. irmac

irmac Android Enthusiast

Fab, I just found out on RC2 there is no way to delete ADW Launcher, can you add that to the final version in the toolbox?

5. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

Does anyone know if I can flash nexo over 1.4?

6. staypuft

staypuft Newbie

the toolbox is awesome

7. ECFfighter7232

I would assume 1.4 has some different framework and an older nexo would not work properly.

Steven58 likes this.
  8. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Sure. For the time being, you can just manually delete it with the toolbox.

Steps: 2 -> r -> Launcher.apk

9. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Android Expert

10. CaucasionJ

CaucasionJ Well-Known Member

Im going to do a cach/data wipe since i was running 1.3.1 and installed the 1.3.0 goodies package and started getting tons of FCs. Ill keep an eye out for bugs and such. Thanks Fab!

11. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

Is the download link above any different from what was originally posted early this morning? I only ask cuz it says rc2 and I didn't see that on this mornings dl. Btw no bugs to report so far Fabs. Makes me remember why I love my X so much. U r THE man

12. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

Are any of the Apex 1.3 themes working on 1.4? Specifically Revolution?

13. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

You could test it for us airmaxx :)

14. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Android Enthusiast

Got a system force close after flashing, but working fine after a reboot

15. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Android Expert

mmmm, can't wait for 1.4. Bring on the Apex goodness =]

16. Steven58

Steven58 "The Incompetent Moderator!"

So far so good! No issues as of now. I'm enjoining the flexibility the toolbox gives! Bravo!!

17. CaucasionJ

So far so good. I wiped data/factory reset and no problems installing it. No FCs yet. I like the boot animation it gave me a Green Lantern vibe. I went and downloaded the Optimus 2x wallpapers and i cant seem to locate them. Other then that no problems!

18. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

I am almost certain I have found and fixed the cause of those damn system FC's. This will be fixed in the final version.

Optimus 2X wallpapers should be in sdcard/OPTWP. Sometimes the Gallery doesn't detect new folders for a while. Idk how to fix that, I believe it's a Google issue :(

CaucasionJ likes this.
  19. cvhovey

cvhovey Newbie

A suggestion I'd seen somewhere before is to run DevTools and then hit "Media Scanner" ... that seems to refresh Gallery.

Fabolous and CaucasionJ like this.
  20. CaucasionJ

Thanks! Did that and the OPTWP folder popped up in the gallery. When you release the official version of ApeX do the people that downloaded the RC2 version have to install that or can we stick with the RC2 release?

21. jacko1

jacko1 Android Enthusiast

how about someone give a video review on this new rom sounds nice
    so far lexington and rubix have been flawless
    thanks

22. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

I installed the Revolution theme and had a system Force Close when rebooting, pulled the battery and it booted up just fine.

jreed2560 likes this.
  23. jguns112

jguns112 Well-Known Member

When will the final version be out? I was going to install this one but I'll just wait if the final one will be out soon.

24. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Fabolous tweeted sometime during or after the grammy's, depending on how interesting they are :p

25. ECFfighter7232

For anyone coming from liberty 1.5... fab tweeted before that a sbf was required before switching to this. I tested it without doing a sbf first and it worked fine. Wipe date / factory rest first then install apex 1.4 rc 2 and I had no issue.
    Edit: remember to change your boot logo back to the stock moto one first though otherwise you'll be stuck with it saying "liberty"