• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apex keyboard repeating first letter

gaucholax

Feb 10, 2011
I recently rooted my Droid X and used both the stock keyboard and the gingerbread keyboard and have had this problem: often when i am typing and making a small error, it will add the first letter again to the beginning of the word and when I tap the word I meant to type it changes to that word but leaves the doubled letter at the beginning of the word as if it is not a part of the word I am typing.
example: -(begin misspelling)-> andri -(it adds the double letter as I finish word)-> aandriod -(tap android)-> aandroid

Has anyone else had this problem?
How can I fix it?

Thanks
-MAW

I recently rooted my Droid X and used both the stock keyboard and the gingerbread keyboard and have had this problem: often when i am typing and making a small error, it will add the first letter again to the beginning of the word and when I tap the word I meant to type it changes to that word but leaves the doubled letter at the beginning of the word as if it is not a part of the word I am typing.
example: -(begin misspelling)-> andri -(it adds the double letter as I finish word)-> aandriod -(tap android)-> aandroid

Has anyone else had this problem?
How can I fix it?

Thanks
-MAW

I think you have to delete the misspelled word from your keyboard's dictionary or kill auto correct. I've never done this but I think it's settings>language and keyboard> Your keyboard.. etc.

Someone give more info and help out further?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones