• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apex Launcher and Oreo Not Allowing Play Store Shortcut creation

niagara94

Lurker
Jun 30, 2012
Hi,

I am running android 8 on a Samsung S3 and in a Samsung 8+. I am also using the Apex launcher on both devices. My problem is that when I install apps from the Google Play store there are no longer shortcuts placed on the home screens like there used to be and like I would like there to be. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reading through all the recent one star Play Store reviews of Apex, seems a lot of people are howling about it now....

"Latest update removed a lot of functionality that I was used to (and that I got the pro version for)."

"Nothing like a major update to break so many parts of what was once the best launcher."

"Latest update is horrible. Removed lots of the functionality I enjoyed about this app."

"This latest update did much damage to the otherwise beautiful and best launcher."

....and so on.

Suggest you find an alternative, like Nova Launcher is good.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones