1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apex launcher: set default home screen?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Seanette, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I cannot remember how I did it, but I do have a default home screen selected. Problem is it isn't the one I want to have set, and I cannot figure out getting it back to the one I do want.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Well-Known Member

Settings - Apps - whatever launcher is currently the default - "Clear Defaults"

That'll clear out your default selection and when you hit your home button, it'll bring up a list of the installed launchers.

3. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I think you misunderstood the question :).

Apex IS the default launcher (in fact, I uninstalled the one that came with my ROM). My problem is that of the three home screens, the one that it defaults to when I hit the Home button is not the one I want it to, and wading through the launcher's settings hasn't helped. The developer's website is spectacularly unhelpful as well.

4. bruce73

bruce73 Android Enthusiast

I'm not using Apex at the moment, but can't you set it from the preview screen?

5. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Apex settings, Home screen settings, Manage screens. There you simply drag the yellow star to the screen you want to use as default home screen.

Seanette likes this.
  6. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

That did it. I had not realized the star was draggable. Thanks!

7. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Not that I could figure out. :D :eek:

8. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, ok, yeah, do what vosg said. :D

9. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

You're not alone. I just discovered that a few days ago, and I've been using Apex for ages lol.

10. RicardoW

RicardoW Lurker

On the same topic - when I turn on the phone it comes up with the last screen opened. How do I start on the home screen?

11. vosg

vosg Android Expert

That's a different topic, but OK. I guess you can't do that without something like Tasker. If you have Tasker, make a new profile for the Display On event. In that profile, create a new taks in the App category and select Go Home.

RicardoW likes this.
  12. RicardoW

RicardoW Lurker

Thanks vosg.

Tried the trial and somehow it doesn't work.

13. Brad7

Brad7 Lurker

I know this is a very old thread, but it still came up at the top of my Google search.
    I've been trying to do this, and finally figured it out: in the Screen Manager, you can long press to configure screens, as well as dragging to reorder, you can also drag up to "Set as default"