1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

APEX - Remove AOSP Gallery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RWil85, Dec 27, 2011.

1. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've been looking and looking - I cannot find directions on how to remove the AOSP gallery from my Droid X running Apex 2.0 RC3.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me, I'd really appreciate it - thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

download 7zip, browse your apex download with it, (dont extract it)
    browse through til you see apps or something lol, i cant remember its been so long. just browse through it, and dont change anything, and when you see the gallery, just remove it from there, and add the blur gallery.apk or just install it along with the rom, cause once you remove something, you need to install it again

3. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

i'll have to check out what you posted..

as for the second part of what you said - I have already installed the Blur gallery through a zip..therefore, I now have both galleries and want to dump the AOSP one.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

then the method i mentioned will probably be the best

5. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

Just use Titanium Backup to freeze the AOSP gallery. Check to make sure everything is still running good. If freezing it causes no issues then return to TiBu and just uninstall it.

6. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

thanks..im sure this would work fine, also..

however, after searching through the forums - i found the proper terminal command that i needed..another thing was that i didn't know the exact app name of the AOSP gallery..it was Gallery3D.apk if i remember right..

thanks again.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews