• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apex1.4.1 to GB, but how to root?

I was in the same boat as you, on Apex and wanted GB.

Now some may say this isn't the best way to do it but it has worked for me.

I restored a clean nandroid of froyo when I first rooted it. Used D2 bootstrap, wiped, installed all the GB files, wiped a little more.. and now I am on rooted GB.

I don't wanna know what your did with all that tissue after you wiped so much.....:p

Upvote 0
SO I unrooted to bring it into the store... and now superuser is still there!? How do I get rid of this? with out rerooting?

ps even a factory wipe didnt work

SBF the full 2.3.340 file, you will probably be stuck in a bootloop; if you are just go into stock recovery and wipe cache and factory reset, you should be fine after that.

This will bring you back to stock.

Reactions: Dman027
Upvote 0
so far you are out of luck if you want the OTA and Root. The thing to do would be SFB to stock Froyo and then root your phone. Then using D2 bootstrap load the two file GB. Once it is loaded you are already rooted.

++++1

came from apex 1.4.1 also (which was awesome, by the way) and followed the above method...flawless thus far.

Reactions: Dman027
Upvote 0
if you tried wiping data/cache and did a factory reset..

do you still have root access? try to get into clockwork recovery and 'wipe dalvik cache' and the reboot..if still there, I would try to SBF again.

I'll try that i guess, i have superuser access but it says iam unrooted... weird, and everytime now i do a battery pull, Clockwork starts and makes me do a reboot and then all of my contacts are whiped from the phone!!! each time!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones