1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apex1.4.1 to GB, but how to root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dman027, Jun 1, 2011.

1. cjcross22

cjcross22 Android Enthusiast

Hows it running now?? You get it all worked out?

2. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

Its getting less and less glitchy but still lagging here and there, but it acutally works now, thanks for your help!!
    Is there a way to use TitaniumBackup to install all the backed up data all at once or does it have to all be one by one?

3. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert

I don't wanna know what your did with all that tissue after you wiped so much.....:p

4. cjcross22

cjcross22 Android Enthusiast

You can never wipe too much, always front to back, never back to front mind you. :D

One at a time man, unless you donate I believe.

Dman027 likes this.
  5. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

My contacts were originally here when i got this up and working, but now some of them dont show up as names in text messaging and only as numbers, how can I fix this or reload my backed up contacts?

6. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

OK well i cant go anylonger with out my contacts lol so iam unrooting and bringing it into the store because on the phone they dont know anything....

7. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

SO I unrooted to bring it into the store... and now superuser is still there!? How do I get rid of this? with out rerooting?

ps even a factory wipe didnt work

8. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

SBF the full 2.3.340 file, you will probably be stuck in a bootloop; if you are just go into stock recovery and wipe cache and factory reset, you should be fine after that.

This will bring you back to stock.

Dman027 likes this.
  9. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

++++1

came from apex 1.4.1 also (which was awesome, by the way) and followed the above method...flawless thus far.

Dman027 likes this.
  10. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

Uhhhh I made an oopsy! I unrooted and it didnt take off clockwork recovery and superuser!? how do i get that off because now i can't reroot! Ah

11. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

I did that and superuser and clock work are still there :(

12. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

Do a factory reset.......get into stock recovery and wipe cache and wipe data/factory reset.

Dman027 likes this.
  13. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

Thank you but thats what I did and its still there, and I can still use titanium back up? It almost seems like it never unrooted but it says it is unrooted on z4root too

14. bouchigo

bouchigo Android Expert

It almost seems like your phone was not flashed with the sbf.

Are you sure the flash went through successfully?

Dman027 likes this.
  15. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

Yeah! Thats why iam so stumped haha

16. RWil85

RWil85 Well-Known Member

if you tried wiping data/cache and did a factory reset..

do you still have root access? try to get into clockwork recovery and 'wipe dalvik cache' and the reboot..if still there, I would try to SBF again.

17. Dman027

Dman027 Newbie

I'll try that i guess, i have superuser access but it says iam unrooted... weird, and everytime now i do a battery pull, Clockwork starts and makes me do a reboot and then all of my contacts are whiped from the phone!!! each time!!

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews