• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods APK decompiler and compiler

While tooling around some other forums i came across what looks like a really useful walkthrough another user had posted on decompiling APK's. The following link: http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/631337-diy-how-decompile-apk.html has a pretty thorough step by step that i thouht may be useful for some of us less experienced programers or de-programers depending on the situation at hand.i figure that even for people not into actually going in under the hood of our "getting faster by the day" Warps, it gives anyone the ability to take a peek inside and see all the absolutely incredible work the Devs' for our Warps have done. Always remember to thank these guys. After u read this post, if u like it, don't worry about thanking me for it, PLEASE go thank: niteNarmor for his time & effort in posting such a useful guide. If by passing on niteNarmor's step by step to my fellow Warpers, maybe it can get one person interested in seeing what they might be able to add to our "getting faster by the day" Warps. I think it should be our motto now, cause we is a flyin'.Lol....broke 7800 today. I'm chasing that 8000. I hope u all find this post useful, i don't post often i feel that information like this should be posted in every forum. I hope i helped. Lataas...

Well I figured this would be the best place for this since for the most part if u are going to do any APK work u usually need to be rooted. Especially if it comes to system apps. I don't know where the moderator felt would be a better place for this. I don't know where he even moved it too. I only hope its still able to help other warp devs....well new developers anyway. I was thinking it would go in the all things root guide, but alas, it is not to be.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this post/thread, yllwshark2112 :thumbup:!

I'm guessing our friendly staff member who moved your thread here realized that you could decompile and recompile .apk files even if you are not rooted (you'd have to side-load them, of course) but the installation of a system file would require root capabilities.

Thanks again and let us know if you have or find any other gems that could be included here to benefit folks.

:)

Upvote 0
need help makingan app D:

So many resources out there, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here's a few places to begin with, though, depending on what you're needs and interest are:

Application Development - Android Forums

Application Requests - Android Forums

http://androidforums.com/application-development/663630-application-development-developer-101-stickies-list.html

^^^ Really good thread with lots of other links.

Building Your First App | Android Developers

^^^ :thumbup: (especially see the links on the left-hand side of that page)

App Components | Android Developers

Everyone learns and absorbs at different rates, so my best advice would be to find some examples and tutorials and try those out.

Cheers and best of luck! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones