• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apk Easy Tool error compile

ros66pa

Lurker
May 14, 2019
Hi, I decompiled an apk file and everything went fine. The moment I go to recompile it creates an error. How can I solve it? this happens with all programs, apk easy tool, apk multi tool etc., I attach error created by apk easy tool. Sorry for my English but I use google translator. Thank you.

Error Log:

I: Using Apktool 2.4.0
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
I: Building resources...
W: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\prontuario_cds_2019_v1.2_com.app.prontuariocds18\AndroidManifest.xml:1: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'compileSdkVersion' in package 'android'
W:
W: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\prontuario_cds_2019_v1.2_com.app.prontuariocds18\AndroidManifest.xml:1: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'compileSdkVersionCodename' in package 'android'
W:
brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec (exit code = 1): [C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_5175151526350691806.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 8, --target-sdk-version, 26, --version-code, 3, --version-name, 1.2, --no-version-vectors, -F, C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8261082742493388801.tmp, -0, arsc, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\prontuario_cds_2019_v1.2_com.app.prontuariocds18\res, -M, C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\prontuario_cds_2019_v1.2_com.app.prontuariocds18\AndroidManifest.xml]

Reactions: saarawilliam
  • Which apk tool are you using
  • Which PC distro (OS)
I ask because to pit it bluntly, Windows is horrible when dealing with Android files, incompatible in many ways. Any Windows version Android tool is like a hack of a hack just to have a possibility of function. Use Linux or a Linux USB (liveboot with persistence, because Android is MADE from Linux. If you can't live without Windows OS, your options will always remain limited. I tend to dualboot my PC's with both Linux & Windows so I always have all options available without needing to fight a hack job of a tool. The best apk.tools I've seen an used were from SuperR's Kitchen, he stays up to date on everything. I recommend the Donate version because it has a ton of plugins and extras. He has a cpl of kitchen-ready Linux.iso files so you choose between your preference of Mint Cinnamon: "Mint4Kitchen" (better for ppl who come fresh from Windows as it offers similar structural setup) or Ubuntu in "Ubuntu4Kitchen" HERE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones