1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
  1. DWILSON48625

DWILSON48625 Android Enthusiast

They say there is no noob questions, only noobs... well, im tryin to learn.

Anyway, i wanted to add apk's to a rom so i can just flash the rom and have my apps. Ive downloaded apk's from the forum, but how do i get them from google play. or off my sd card for that matter.

I read that all i need to do is unzip the rom, open system/apps then drop in the selected apk, then zip up. I AM NOT SAYING THAT U SHOULD DO THIS. IM EXPERIMENTING. That being said, is that true, and where can i get the apk?

Thx Dj

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Bloodawn

Bloodawn Android Expert

Apps from the play store are in /data/app on your phone. Use a root explorer to move the apk to your sdcard then plug your phone in to your computer and get the app.

Don't unzip roms. just open the zip with 7zip, go to system then app, drag and drop your apk to zip and click yes to the confirmation pop up, close the zip and your done.

DWILSON48625 likes this.
  3. DWILSON48625

Thanks Blood. Keep up the great work and thanks for the help.

Edit: Id like to add the original browser. can i delete boat browser apk and add the stock one? and id like to rid myself of original sms/mms app. can i delete that and add, say, gosms? I hate stock sms. i get duplicates no matter what i do. and i dont like how u need to add multiple contacts. gosms is easier for me. Im basically wantin to customize 3.75 for myself. Its a kick ass rom, and Im grateful to use it.

4. DWILSON48625

ok, so i opened data/ folder. No apps folder. (via usb on my laptop.)

what i see is data/keramidas.titaniumbackup

same thing if i browse my card with esfile explorer.

nm- ran search and found them. again, thanks! Now, if only all support was this helpful.

5. DWILSON48625

I can just create an update.zip and flash it cant i? instead of tinkering with a rom?

6. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter!

Download the APK Installer zip and drop the apks into the /system/app folder in that zip and flash it. This will install the apps on your device

DWILSON48625 likes this.
  7. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

No, not the data folder on your sdcard. The data folder in the phone... as in the internal memory of the phone...

If that's slightly above your paygrade, then another option is to DL root uninstaller from the play store and use it to backup the app in question. It will then be placed on your sdcard in /root uninstaller/backups/

You would then just have to do as blood said and copy it into the /system/app folder for the rom.

As to your question about replacing the SMS/MMS app, some may be as easy as adding it to the rom, but some (handcent for example) need the lib (.so) files that are inside the app. To get these open the apk as a zip and extract the .so files inside the /lib directory and place them in /system/lib/ in the rom or it will just force close

(And as far as the update.zip, it will still install them as user apps and not system apps, but other than that, it should do what you ask)

DWILSON48625 and twogbsd like this.
  8. arnandtara

arnandtara Android Enthusiast

I think Lordvincent is an undercover genius! Lol

9. Lordvincent 90

[​IMG]

10. DWILSON48625

Yeah Im just tinkering around. Im thankful for all your input. I get tired of re-downloading apps. TB only works half the time for me.

Ill tinker with it and see what I can dork up.

Thanks guys!

Dj

edit: trying out apk installer. tried to install temple run. Said it installed but hangs on initiation screen. Could be my phone since its been hanging alot lately. Aint got that figured out yet.

11. DWILSON48625

APK INSTALLER WORKING GREAT!! Thanks again for the help.

12. ovniufo

ovniufo Member

Where is the APk installer file?

13. ovniufo

ovniufo Member

i need some help or instructions on making my apk's to system apk' with titanium backup pro

14. lnr4e

lnr4e Member

For me I go to bazaarandroid.com and download aptoid apk then once its done downloading click on it in notification bar and click install then go back to address it comes up as m.aptoid.com and search for app then click install and hit ok then when that's done hit install. Then say you put a new rom or reset your phone they show up on your SD in aptoid folder. But be sure to have unknown sources checked in applications. Then just use package installer. It is actually alot then how I described.

15. Lordvincent 90

All you have to do is press and hold the app yo want to change and then select 'convert to system app' or whatever it is

ovniufo likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews