• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Are you using a custom rom? if so, which one?

If not, what firmware are you on?

Also, what launcher are you using?
Cubz

Nah aint using a custon rom just using box standard se phone.
model = x10i
firmware version = 2.1-update1
baseband version = 2.0.46
Kernel Version = 2.6.29
SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1
2.0.A.0.504

and im on UK Vodafone

Can you tell me if any of the above have been updated either by SE or Vodafone and if so do i have to do a repair update to get all these new features taht everyone talking bout (dual-touch etc)

Upvote 0
They have been updated - but i don't know if Voda has it yet..
Try SEUS update/repair and see, the latest is .435.
Make sure you back-up all you can before you update, however if you get the new .435 it will not wipe your data. (if offered as an update - Repair option WILL OVERWRITE AND WIPE DATA - i think!)

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
thnaks guys for all the advice but just had this reply back from SE about my software

Dear
Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.

We can confirm that the Sony Ericsson X10 will receive an over the air software update which will allow a Pinch to Zoom feature quite similar to multi-touch on your handset which will then enable you to Pinch/Zoom in the web browser and also- Pinch/Zoom in Google Maps.
There will also be support within third party applications but because of the limitations of the handset not all of these will work as desired when the update is released.
The update has now been released for all generic UK handset however when you receive the update is dependant upon your network operator.
For more in-depth information on the update to enable these features please follow the link below to our Sony Ericsson Product Blog page that will give you the full information on what we have planned:
http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/02/01/next-update-for-the-xperia-x10-and-x8-family/.

Do you think they pulling a fast one or is it true

Upvote 0
The update hasn't reached T-Mobile UK yet, in fact I haven't received the one that was out end of Dec/beginning of Jan with T-Mobile either. Maybe they will roll them in to one big surprise package for me very soon. Would assume Vodafone haven't released it either if you are branded to them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones